Amundsen problem

Got a problem with the radio on my new Scout. Soon after start up, the radio makes a series of beeps and ends up on another radio station, at the same time the touch screen no longer works. After a while sometimes next day, the radio again makes a series of beeps selects another station and the touch screen becomes active again!

Only collected the car last week, all seemed ok but the radio has done this to me twice since Monday.

I was wondering if this is a common problem, before I visit the dealer.

• 1 month later...

I have had the same problem. I've got a 63 ref octavia with an Amundsen stereo and it keeps beeping, changing radio stations. It keeps on thinking someone is touching the screen. I've had it replaced twice already and it's started playing up again. Oddly it only does it when the weathers not too good...

My Columbus keeps doing the same, first thing in the morning when it is cold. I'm going to get a video before I book it in.

The car planned a route to Edinburgh for me this morning. Shame I was trying to get the screen to respond so I could plan a route to Manchester.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Mine has been in to the dealer this week as it's got three different issues.

First it started crashing occasionally when I plugged my iPhone in, and wouldn't boot till it was removed.

It's done the "random button presses" thing on the radio a few times - it changes channel and overwrites the presets as though the screen is being pressed.
Last week it stopped responding to any button presses, either on screen or the physical buttons which I managed to record.

Anyway, they say they have found a fault which will need a software update and they'll let me know when it arrives as it's sent out on an SD card.

I have had the screen fail to respond to touch and steering wheel controls didn't work at the same time. Irregular though. On the 'crashing when phone plugged in' problem, I have had this from new and appears to be when the phone is low on charge and I assume drawing too much from the USB, which does charge the phone but is not there for that purpose.

• 3 weeks later...

hi all :notme:

Got the same probs with my Amundsen changing radio channels on its own first thing in the mornings??? (This is only when its cold mornings)

I took it to Skoda last week to have a radio system update, and still dose the same thing :envy:

Now booked in again next week 9/12/15 for a new control box in the back somewhere..

I will keep all up to date on this.

Let me know if anyone has had the same thing or how to set a trap for these gremlins..

safe driving!

The screen needs replacing, not the Amundsen unit itself!

Thanks andyvee.

try telling Skoda that as I have seen on some forums to replace screen...

You can almost eradicate the fault, clean the touch screen with a tiny amount of glass cleaner spray and a microfiber cloth.

It will come back though.

ok thanks, I will keep that in mind.

im going to leave it as it goes in to skoda on Wednesday 9th and they can see whats happing.

I keep you informed.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi all.

any idea how to upgrade to the new style radio station icons on the Amundsen satnav 2013>

I have just done map update 16/17 maps.

thankyou in advance. :clap:

jimbob,

you need the station logos on a SD or USB stick then you can select the correct logo for the station you have tuned in. If you cannot find the logos give me a PM and I can mail a zip file to you.

John

jimbob,

you need the station logos on a SD or USB stick then you can select the correct logo for the station you have tuned in. If you cannot find the logos give me a PM and I can mail a zip file to you.

John

hi John.

thank you for your kind reply.

if you could mail me a zip file for the new style station logos would be much appreciated.

​many thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Amundsen sat nav issue

Hi all,

I updated my Octavia III Amundsen sat nav to the 2016/7 update and now get green / blue / white blocks all over my sat nav that appear and disappear when in use. Otherwise the nav system works fine. any idea how to get rid of these? The skoda site says i don't need to update any other software?

Can anyone help?

Rich

Hi all,

I updated my Octavia III Amundsen sat nav to the 2016/7 update and now get green / blue / white blocks all over my sat nav that appear and disappear when in use. Otherwise the nav system works fine. any idea how to get rid of these? The skoda site says i don't need to update any other software?

Can anyone help?

Rich

I think the rectangles should show the road/route number. I have the same problem

• 4 years later...
On 05/12/2015 at 19:57, andyvee said:

You can almost eradicate the fault, clean the touch screen with a tiny amount of glass cleaner spray and a microfiber cloth.

It will come back though.

Thanks! This worked a treat and mine is now behaving normally despite the colder weather.

Does anyone know if this problem persists on the 8inch face lift screens? Tempted to upgrade.