Socket sizes for 55 plate 1.2?

I don't have suitable tools to measure the oil filter cap socket size at moment. From what I've seen, it could be either 32 mm or 36 mm. Can anyone advise?

What about wheel nuts? Is torque wrench usable? If so, what size socket do I need? Apparently, some models (all?) come with a bit that locks the wheel nut. How do I know if I have one and which one do I need?

A basic tape measure can check the oil filter cap, im not sure off the top of my head.

The wheel nuts will be 17mm

if you have alloy wheels, you should have a lockin wheel nut, it should be in the tool kit in the boot under the carpet.

A basic tape measure can check the oil filter cap, im not sure off the top of my head.

if you have alloy wheels, you should have a lockin wheel nut, it should be in the tool kit in the boot under the carpet.

Once you have removed the plastic cap cover

Once you have removed the plastic cap cover

With what?

I don't think it has ever had alloy wheels on it. Just a normal wheel with hub caps. I probably won't need to worry about that then.

With what?

I don't think it has ever had alloy wheels on it. Just a normal wheel with hub caps. I probably won't need to worry about that then.

If it has steel wheels from the factory they it wont have locking wheel nuts unless fitted by a previous owner.

as for the plastic caps, you generally get a U shape tool in the tool kit that pulls them off, i dont think you have them though.

If it has steel wheels from the factory they it wont have locking wheel nuts unless fitted by a previous owner.

as for the plastic caps, you generally get a U shape tool in the tool kit that pulls them off, i dont think you have them though.

Thanks. I don't think I have them though. I bought the car second hand.

I can forcefully remove the caps if it's not that important.

Thanks. I don't think I have them though. I bought the car second hand.

I can forcefully remove the caps if it's not that important.

pointy pliers can be used to remove the caps if you dont have the tool.

since you have wheel trims, the chances are you wont have any caps over the wheel nuts anyway.

Alloys, get  (even a cheapo) torque wrench. I'm old school steel wheel man, till this one. Steel wheels, I tightened with makers wrench, then stood on it. i did this with one set of tyres I got, and ten or so miles later ,got old cheapo torque wrench out, and the nuts seemed slack. They were, and once torqued, had no further problems. The nuts ,as said are 17mm. i can't remember if (the one and only time) QF said it was 32/36 for the filter nut, but you need as Haynes says "to get ALL the seals needed", not just the ones that come with the filter..

Thanks! Mine's 36 mm, I measured it with using a measure tape from next door neighbour.

I checked the boot, there's a spare tyre in it but no tools. So, I put a jack (seems to be a tight fit), axles and wrench with 17 mm socket for wheel replacement. It's looking pretty full.

Edit: What's oil capacity for this car?

Edited by JoeBloggs

Heres a good picture of the tool kit and its contents.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-FABIA-00-05-CAR-JACK-WHEEL-BRACE-TOW-EYE-Spare-Wheel-Tool-Kit-6Q0011031-/221892330757?fits=Model%3AFabia&hash=item33a9d04505

ill have to check later for the oil capacity but im sure someone els will know and post before me.