2015 Name That Car Game pt2

keystonedriving

Yes it is - saw them on the road in Germany last month - not sure if they're out in the UK yet

megane_zpsbeyiqg9v.jpg

Looks smart, less quirky

Anyone want a go? ...if nothing on in 24hrs will try....! Cheers, all

Can only be the Perodua Kelisa?

The very same, nice and quick!!

Can't crop on my pc and wanted to post one so as not to irritate other players....so took a close up and then a wider shot (below) of my own car as that worked...!

Then realised had it on my cars and signature....duh!!

This is my absolute favourite sort of car; small, light, fingertip sensitive, responsive, beautifully engineered (Jap Daihatsu design, made under licence by proud Malaysians in a Toyota part-owned state-of-the-art facility) and huge fun to drive.  I've had 300++ cars, my wife has driven hundreds and we both class it as our favourite car to drive for the immense grin factor.  It is only when you go back to a car like this that you realise how heavy, over-engineered and over-complicated new stuff is (even if safety is massively improved!).

Put simply, it is a joy to fling about and makes every journey an adventure-like when you first started to drive.

It was on Top Gear twice: James May dd a full test and loved it, Richard Hammond agreed......Jeremy Clarkson then bought a brand new one, drove it out of the showroom, into the layby opposite the dealers-and annihilated it with a sledgehammer for being "like a washing machine".

Mine is a 23k minter and in OCD order, all for less than £700, with cheap tax and 55mpg+, we have various cars and always end up using the Kelisa...!

post-105633-0-22010300-1463562708_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

PS if anyone can find the Top Gear clips for the two bits (James May in Blackpool, Jeremy Clarkson with hammmer) on the Kelisa, please post a link, have been looking for ages

The very same, nice and quick!!

Can't crop on my pc and wanted to post one so as not to irritate other players....so took a close up and then a wider shot (below) of my own car as that worked...!

Then realised had it on my cars and signature....duh!!

I remembered from another post you made and did a bit of googling !!

Here's one for you

crop.jpg

I remembered from another post you made and did a bit of googling !!

Here's one for you

crop.jpg

Rover 800/Sterling?

Rover 800/Sterling?

A Rover 820 Vitesse Sport to be precise:

e8306cad.jpg

Dad had 2 of them - the 2L 200BHP version.

IIRC, a Rover 827 held the Isle of Man TT Production Car lap record for a number of years.

• Like 2

PS if anyone can find the Top Gear clips for the two bits (James May in Blackpool, Jeremy Clarkson with hammmer) on the Kelisa, please post a link, have been looking for ages

http://www.motoringbox.com/cars/entertainment/top-gear/episode-guides/series-2/series-2-episode-3/ (James May)

http://paultan.org/2005/12/19/jeremy-clarkson-annihilates-the-perodua-kelisa/ (Jeremy and his hammer, lousy quality though)

HTH :)

• Like 2

Many thanks, been looking for yonks, son will be chuffed, thanks for taking the time to find and post

Anyone want to post one for me?

If not will post tomorrow to save thread going quiet.....

After I posted - It took me 20 minutes to find a picture that actually matched this. Most have a huge ugly right side intake - unlike this one.

Shame they couldn't find taller rims or tyres suitable in 1972.  Those 15's spoil the look.

I'll put a new pic up later.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1