Kenwood KDC-DAB35U

Whitemonk

According to http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/rec/dab/KDC-DAB35U/ this unit fits in the Citigo. Has anyone had any experience with it?

Hyphons swapped his radio, but only to a VW Up! one. Not sure about how you would going about replacing the unit in the citigo, because it's integrated with many other buttons in that little centre consol thing. Sorry to be no help.

Have you tried contacting Skoda themselves?  :)

• Like 1

Hyphons swapped his radio, but only to a VW Up! one. Not sure about how you would going about replacing the unit in the citigo, because it's integrated with many other buttons in that little centre consol thing. Sorry to be no help.

Have you tried contacting Skoda themselves?  :)

I picked up a Kenwood flyer at my local dealer today describing a navigation upgrade, but not mentioning what model it was for. It was when I checked it out on the web and found out it was the Octavia and Fabia and standard on the Superb, I discovered this DAB radio that was fittable to the Citigo and its variants. Just wondered how it would be fitted to the customised dash and if anyone wanting a DAB radio had used it. 

Edited by Whitemonk

Thanks - Have found this post http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/260111-radio-fascia/ 

Just wondering if the aerial fitted to the citigo would be okay for this unit.

If you want DAB I believe a different Aerial will be needed, however the OEM one should still work

The radio is in 3 separate pieces, the heater module above, the radio, then the surround for the radio, you will need to take the radio/surround out before separating the radio, the heater module can stay put

If you change the radio you may have a fault code on the ECU as did I when I swapped to a Up! radio, fault was easily cleared on VCDS

• Like 1

Thanks guys for coming back so quick! I would like to add DAB radio as FM is not too good around here and this unit seems to tick all the boxes.

This is not a job I would tackle myself now (40 years ago - yes - did), so I am looking for supply and fit.

Is this something my dealer would do/welcome or is it best left to an independent?

Whats your location? The dealer may not be happy to do this but most indie car audio places will. If your local to me I can help :p

Thanks for your offer, but Dorset is a bit far from my manor! My Skoda dealer is in Walthamstow, London and I live 'nearby'. Any indie recommendations most welcome.