Rear brake upgrade?

AaronD95

Now I've got the spacers. What rear discs do I run. Do they have to be Quattro ones or are all 256mm vented discs the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone able to help?

If you have to ask.... :)

I did find the ECS tuning upgrades in the UK a few years back. Venom Motorsport offer them. £600 + £600 for both "ends" excluding calipers. You'd need "312" or "256" calipers in addition to the kits.

IMO if you really need this stuff, then cost/price won't be an issue as you'll be breaking many other bits of the car regularly.

J.

Matts weren't quite that much,and use standard VRS calipers too ;)

anyone able to help?

Octy mk1 VRS discs or the like,not sure if the 4x4's are the same tbh.

I've got 4x4 callipers with adaptors but don't know what pads and discs to get if 4x4 ones are the same as fwd ones

Just go for mk1 octy VRS discs and pads :)

Just go for mk1 octy VRS discs and pads :)

thanks. Getting drilled and grooved but there's £10-15 difference in price. Just didn't know if it was because there was a difference in them and which I needed with 4x4 callipers but with them spacers if they had to be 4x4 discs aswell.

The lower ones are 4x4,I'm not 100%,sure they are the same.you will need to cross reference disc part numbers to be certain.

had the part numbers cross referenced and there exactly the same so don't know why there's differences in price

Be interested in how the adapters work out. If they are the MK4 Golf ones they don't fit, both myself and Jason have tried, the caliper fouls the disc.

Best get the Octavia or Leon/Toledo carriers that bolt onto the 2WD axle.

ill have to give them a go and see how they fit

Lol your way over thinking this.

I've got 6 pot Tarox calipers on the front,256mm vented rears,so by your reckoning my car should be dangerous to drive with the brake forces so different from standard as I've not altered the regulater etc?

Load of rubbish I'm afraid! :)

Oh yeah and the placebo effect from my Tarox 6 pots is awesome........

There isn't a brake compensator/regulator anyway. ABS takes care of load proportioning.