Best single-DIN head unit

Kevin_Mc

Hi all

I'm looking for a new head unit - it must be single-DIN as i use the wee cubby hole below, i want to be able to change the lighting to green to suit the car and i want to be able to connect my existing CD multichanger as well as an iPod so 2 aux ports is a must. Ideally i want the one for the multichanger out of sight. Bluetooth for calls would be great but not essential.

Really, i think i want a mechless set-up - can anyone recommend anything suitable?

I've seen some have a USB slot so if that is one of the aux inputs i'd be happy to connect my iPod with the cable or an adapter, as long as the multichanger is constantly plugged in at the back.

I'm looking to spend roughly £100 or thereabouts and i have plans to upgrade the speakers front and rear and stick a subwoofer in the boot so it needs to be able to handle that in the near future.

Any links to where to buy from would be helpful too.

Thanks

Kevin 

Edited by Kevin_Mc

This what I have and it's a superb little headunit that should tick all if not most of your boxes and packs plenty of audiophile features and hardware. You can change the color to red, blue and green as well your do well to better it imo.

A little bit more expensive but well worth the extra dollar. If you look around on ebay you may be able to pick it up a little cheaper for second hand.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-ide-178bt

Have just put this into the Fabia due to it being perfect for my needs. I have had the same model in the last few cars. There is a model above with BT etc (S300 I think??) Sony stopped making them for some reason and it's a real shame so Ebay is the only place. I got my first one for £25 refurbished and 2nd one for £30 (one in video went with that car bahhhh). I bought a new cheap CD/Radio for the old Octy so I could take this across I like it so much :D

Any USB device can go on the tray, I had been using a USB memory stick for the last few weeks, but put the ipod back in for more variety. You could put in a 2.5" 2TB HDD