MY15 vs MY16?

Just ordered a brand new Octavia SE-L, Im getting it with sunset glass, 18's, SE-L+ and a few other nice options. 150PS DSG TDi.

After joining the forums ive read a few posts about people ordering cars and getting MY15 and some getting MY16, What are the main differences? Any way to know what im getting?

Every car built since the end of May is MY16. If you ordered a new build car since the beginning of May you will definitely get MY16. If you ordered in March you probably have MY15. If you've ordered a car from stock then it could be anything.

Nothing major...MY16 has a slightly bigger screen on Amundsen (6.5 inch vs 5.8) and you can mirror your phone screen on the new version - smart link I think it's called. My L&K came from stock, but I was happy with the last of the MY15 as it has nicer wheels than MY16

Nothing major...MY16 has a slightly bigger screen on Amundsen (6.5 inch vs 5.8) and you can mirror your phone screen on the new version - smart link I think it's called.

Smartlink is a cost option, it will be installed in all cars, but needs to be ordered to be activated.

Also if it's an early MY16 it will have park assist and active cruise control included.

It has the SE-L Plus package which as you said was free, Self park and adaptive cruise.

I upgraded to 18's anyway so wheels dont bother me. So i get a slightly bigger screen? Thats cool.

In addition to what's already been mentioned, the standard steering wheel changed from four spokes to three. The EU5 engines were changed to EU6. The 105PS engines gained another 5PS and the 140PS engines another 10PS.

• 2 years later...

i've got an Octavia it was reg 25th May 2016, guessing it was built beginning ish of May or before, so will it be MY15 or MY16, asking because i am looking at car seat covers that are only suitable for up MY15 cars

2 hours ago, judi said:

i've got an Octavia it was reg 25th May 2016, guessing it was built beginning ish of May or before, so will it be MY15 or MY16, asking because i am looking at car seat covers that are only suitable for up MY15 cars

MY16 for sure.

• Like 1