2015 Octavia Bonnet Lever and Passenger Door with flat battery

Hi Guys

I've just come across this, if your battery dies completly - you are unable to open the passanger door. If this is true how the hell can you open the bonnet ?

For those that dont know - you have to open the passanger door before you can release the bonnet catch..

Really clever if its true.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1

Hi Guys

I've just come across this, if your battery dies completly - you are unable to open the passanger door. If this is true how the hell can you open the bonnet ?

For those that dont know - you have to open the passanger door before you can release the bonnet catch..

Really clever if its true.

Cheers

Paul

Yep quite agree, also a bit of a pain if you leave it in a tight space up against the passenger side so you can get out the drivers side. If they cant be bothered to move the release, they should have made the key unlock the passenger door too.

I have a couple of Ctek chargers and they do a hard wired kit that leaves the connection somewhere accessible. Fitted one to the Octy quite quickly. Only good if you can get to mains power though.

Get a spare battery and use some jumper cables to connect it to the starter motor under the car, this should power it enough to unlock, there are plenty of posts online too explain out in more detail

Don't know what you have but that would be a bit of a b**ch to do on mine, even if you could get the tray off not sure you would get the jaws of a jump lead in there. Any links to the write-ups? cant find much with a bit of a search.

• Like 1

From page 54 of the manual

"As soon as the vehicle is locked from the outside, the safe lock prevents opening the doors from the inside."

AFAIK unless there is enough power to run the BCM and trigger the deadlocks the passenger door will stay deadlocked. The key will only open the drivers door deadlock (fine on LHD cars just not that useful for UK if you have a flat battery)

Don't know if one of those power packs would do the job or just screw the electronics, would be interesting to find out,  just not on any of mine  :no: 

• Like 1

I'm sure the breakdown services will have either figured out or been given the technique to power up the door locks to be able to open it by now. Albeit a good while ago when I worked for the AA, we had CD-ROM's with methods of un-intrusive entry for most cars, some a pain others easy peasy.

• Like 1

Can the handle be unscrewed inside and the cable pulled with pliers?

No mate, that's what deadlocks are designed to stop. If you try the handle it's like having child locks on, you need electrical power to release them

• Like 1

No mate, that's what deadlocks are designed to stop. If you try the handle it's like having child locks on, you need electrical power to release them

Having just had to fight my way into a deadlocked door, I can confirm it isn't easy...

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What was that on trundlenut? In my experience it usually meant either trying to strip the door card off with the door shut or getting power to the lock, not funny!

Lock jammed, so door card off with the door shut. Only saving grace was that the window had been disconnected and propped up with wood. So the ancillaries carrier was a bit easier to get out.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can the handle be unscrewed inside and the cable pulled with pliers?

Unlock driver door using the key

Gain access to the bonnet release cable by removing glove box/passenger side interior panels etc.

Jump start car

Power to all doors. 

Don't think the bonnet is deadlocked, maybe that's why it can't be opened with the door shut...to stop people opening it from the outside without being in the car?

• Like 1

Can you not get a power pack in the 12v socket?

I know on a previous car, think it was my Freelander 2, the battery centre guy stuck a battery in the 12v socket whilst they removed the battery to keep things alive.

That just replaces the live that the battery normally provides when connected. The central locking would need to be operated via the remote to unlock deadlocks.

However I've not tried that before so my theory may well be wrong! It could potentially give power to unlock button on the console, that might work with that gadget.

• Like 1

Gain access to the bonnet release cable by removing glove box/passenger side interior panels etc.

Jump start car

Power to all doors. 

Don't think the bonnet is deadlocked, maybe that's why it can't be opened with the door shut...to stop people opening it from the outside without being in the car?

Oh yeah this method would probably work fine, I didn't say it can't be done as I said further up the thread some ways are difficult in that case you would need someone quite flexible and not afraid of bruising to the ribs of the handbrake lever as you would struggle to do some of that sat in the passenger seat :-) 

• Like 1

In that case could well work mate, if the unlock button illuminates when it's plugged in then it should in theory unlock all the doors like when you bring the vehicle to a stop.

It will never allow anything to work which normally needs the ignition on as the crims would find that very useful :-)

Jump start car

Power to all doors. 

Glove box cannot be opened fully and the passenger side panel can't be removed with the door closed.
  • Like 1

No I mean the bonnet release handle!

Surely its just a lever pulling the bonnet cable?

Unlock the drivers door.

If you pull lever towards you and back it will open the bonnet, even with passenger door closed. Tried it today work very easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk