New Superb - Start/Stop Deactivation ?

ptaku

So what is your advice ? I will get my S3 on the begining of next year. Better for home use buy VCDS or VCP ? I need it only for diagnistic, switch off start/stop and few other functions ? VCP have OCF and VIM for 25euro extra so really I don't know what to chose :/

UI - User Interface, the actual program

If you have just bought VCP I take it you got the new v2 interface where the card is in the interface and the USB cable is separate, not integrated?

I notice quite a few places have been selling VCP quite cheaply, but it is the v1 cable that has now been superseded.

See this post https://vcp-forum.de/ankuendigungen-f20/vcp-5-0-rollout-t1249.html

You need to register on that forum to get the v5.0 update later this month :)

Cool :D

Im on the forum with same username :) Looking good. I have disabled start stop, and made some light changes in BCM output programmer... But I cant really find other cool stuff to do with my S2 FL with VCP.. Maybe the new version will give me other options? :)

I think VCDS is much more user friendly for just "coding" :)

There is not to much info in Poland about VCP. There is one big forum but all new users are banned same day when they register account. All posts on this forum are very old this is the reason why Im thinking to spend more money and buy VCDS. In VCDS on VIM is missing :)

Just tell me simple coding in VCP is easy like in VCDS or more complicated ?

More difficult because VCP dont have long coding helper! And no documented adaptions. U see every byte and bits in VCP, but no explanation!

Sorry, that is misleading.

VCP has 'Text Coding' for the more recent modules, you don't see the bytes and bits, you get full descriptions. You don't need 'Long Coding Helper' as it performs the same function in a better way.

Adaptation channels are the same for the more recent modules.

VCDS doesn't have the OCF or the ability to change adaptations in Engineering Mode, scan controllers for login codes, upload parameter sets with zdc files etc etc.

If the modules in your car are not documented, let support know and they may add them?

VCP has not been going for as long as VCDS, so the newer modules are fully documented and VCP is usually months ahead of VCDS in support for newer modules.