Todays the day!

Today's the day! Just waiting on a phone call from the dealer to tell me what time to come in!

Phone 'em up every 5 minutes, tell them it's your OCD and you can't help it, and you'll call them back in 5 until your car's ready  :giggle:

Have to say I admire Bennee's patience - in my book rain's just an excuse to play with the wipers.

Enjoy

Gaz

• Like 1

My new vRS arrived at 8am this morning - can't wait to go for a spin! Unfortunately I need to do some work first. And I might wait until the rain stops...

Looks very nice, good colour choice!! How come delivered? Did you source through a broker?

Looks very nice, good colour choice!! How come delivered? Did you source through a broker?

Thank you. Delivered with only 5 miles on the clock. I've only managed to put another 5 on it this morning... bit busy with work. Nearly the weekend...

I got it through buyanewcaronline.co.uk - Simpson's Preston, who delivered it very nicely (4 hour drive each way), seemed unaware of this, and one of the Ts&Cs was that I wasn't allowed to discuss it with them [Hope they're not reading this! :notme: ]

Anyway, a huge saving off list price - much better than CarWow or any of the brokers I tried - and no complaints so far. It came with half a tank of fuel, 1l spare oil and a Skoda keyring with shopping trolley token!

Thank you. Delivered with only 5 miles on the clock. I've only managed to put another 5 on it this morning... bit busy with work. Nearly the weekend...

I got it through buyanewcaronline.co.uk - Simpson's Preston, who delivered it very nicely (4 hour drive each way), seemed unaware of this, and one of the Ts&Cs was that I wasn't allowed to discuss it with them [Hope they're not reading this! :notme: ]

Anyway, a huge saving off list price - much better than CarWow or any of the brokers I tried - and no complaints so far. It came with half a tank of fuel, 1l spare oil and a Skoda keyring with shopping trolley token!

when did you place the order?

Benfield?

Silsbury in Cramlington, Benfield messed me around too much not returning my calls etc.

So turns out today is not the day, Dealer called to let me know they were being messed around by Eddie Stobart who have 4 cars in transport to the dealer and mine was expected in 8am this morning and has already had the paperwork processed so that all it needed was a PDI and taken out of delivery mode... instead the transporter has failed to show up and no one knows when my car will arrive...

He has hopes for collection tomorrow but no promises... UGH

Martin, I had serious problems with delivery dates with Silbury a few years ago. I cancelled the order and bought a SEAT.

Hope everything turns out OK

7th of August. So, exactly 12 weeks ago. This was the quoted delivery time, so all good.

Thanks, that's promising then, we ordered from a broker 16th sept and quoted 10-12 weeks, thanks for the heads up!

Silsbury in Cramlington, Benfield messed me around too much not returning my calls etc.

So turns out today is not the day, Dealer called to let me know they were being messed around by Eddie Stobart who have 4 cars in transport to the dealer and mine was expected in 8am this morning and has already had the paperwork processed so that all it needed was a PDI and taken out of delivery mode... instead the transporter has failed to show up and no one knows when my car will arrive...

He has hopes for collection tomorrow but no promises... UGH

That's a bit rubbish! Fingers crossed for you :)

If that had happened to me I reckon I would have been on the phone to Eddie Stobart yesterday. Not in hope of changing anything, just to check out the dealer's story!

Checked with the dealer and they forwarded me the email from the port, email says car should have been delivered by the 28th... Stobart have a lot to answer for, dealership has 4 angry customers with AWOL cars.... hopefully monday brings answers