ACC Traveling abroad

In the car settings, you can change the vechicle to left hand drive and it works perfectly well, I can't remember the exact menu, I'll check in the morning and get back to you.

I did a lot of motorway miles on the continent no issues at all. Acc is limited to 100 mph and the radar braking worka well evwn at that speed just an FYI

That's the "Travel Mode" in the lighting menu? An assumption, as I've seen no other options. It alone doesn't switch the ACC, as I discovered through experimentation in post #5 in this thread.

As it turns out the lighting Travel Mode is actually excess-to-requirement as it automatically switches between left and right side driving geographically, as does the ACC.

Oh good, coz here in 'straya overtaking on the left side on a multi lane road is legal.  It's actually essential, on 3 lane motorways the left lane is actually the fastest due to all the knobs sitting in the middle and right-hand lanes doing exactly the speed target.

Hopefully, as was the case with my Superb II, it has an Australia-market setting. If undertaking is lawful as you say then maybe this function is disabled for Australia?

BTW - passing on the nearside is lawful in the UK if it is done in a manner that is considered to be with "due care and attention".

I actually had my S2 set to Australia (needed VCDS to switch) as it enabled features not otherwise available in the UK-market setting.

I actually had my S2 set to Australia (needed VCDS to switch) as it enabled features not otherwise available in the UK-market setting.

As this thread has been well and truly answered for cars with Sat Nav at least, do please tell us what wonderful Aussie extras you unlocked on your SII?

Anything that can be activated for free is all good even if it turns out to be nigh on useless!

do please tell us what wonderful Aussie extras you unlocked on your SII?

Already covered in the S2 forum, but it enabled the maxidot to display a full digital mph speedometer and replaced the small kph display with the outside temperature

Probably not ideal for you as you'll most likely want the kph reading permanent. I never checked if there was a Default//Europe/Germany setting, which would probably give the same result for kph.

Switching between mph/kph (as required by UK Con & Use Regs) can still be done using the maxidot menu.

Redundant in the Superb III as it's now standard (and the Octavia III?).

• Like 1

As this thread has been well and truly answered for cars with Sat Nav at least, do please tell us what wonderful Aussie extras you unlocked on your SII?

Anything that can be activated for free is all good even if it turns out to be nigh on useless!

It makes our beer cold and enables the ability to drive in thongs (flip-flops?).

• Like 3

Already covered in the S2 forum, but it enabled the maxidot to display a full digital mph speedometer and replaced the small kph display with the outside temperature

Probably not ideal for you as you'll most likely want the kph reading permanent. I never checked if there was a Default//Europe/Germany setting, which would probably give the same result for kph.

Switching between mph/kph (as required by UK Con & Use Regs) can still be done using the maxidot menu.

Redundant in the Superb III as it's now standard (and the Octavia III?).

Hi BillyJim,

Does that mean you can change the maxi dot to show kph when in europe, if so that is great news.

Hi BillyJim,

Does that mean you can change the maxi dot to show kph when in europe, if so that is great news.

Yes, just switch the "units" in the infotainment Car menu from mph to kph.

Distance, speed and consumption can all be set individually.

• Like 1