Are mitsubishi diesel engines any good

mobo

Currently got a octavia vrs estate tdi 2008 and no longer feel the need for such a big car, so decided to maybe sell it and get a mitsubishi lancer 2ltr diesel

but the big question is are they any good, Or might try and find a octavia none estate vrs but don't really want to be putting nothing extra towards the new car just what I can raise selling mine

Cant find it now, but there was another thread asking pretty much the same thing last week..

Its a vw 2.0 pd tdi lump in the lancer "10"

Edit

got it..

Http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/376775-buying-a-2008-mitsubishi-lancer-10/#entry4427341

Edited by mac11irl

Currently got a octavia vrs estate tdi 2008 and no longer feel the need for such a big car, so decided to maybe sell it and get a mitsubishi lancer 2ltr diesel

but the big question is are they any good, Or might try and find a octavia none estate vrs but don't really want to be putting nothing extra towards the new car just what I can raise selling mine

The MkII Octavia hatch is the same length as the Octavia estate! 4.569 metres.

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm the Mitsi Grandis comes with a mitsi designed and built 2.4 petrol engine (MITEC),, or a 2.0 VW diesel; beyond "140BHP"  the actual engine spec isnt given anywhere I can find, although Honest John says the later cars got the newest DI version. I would suspect you can chip then up to 170BHP, although I dont know of anyone who has done so.

I have been thinking of trading in my 2.4 for a 2.0D and giving it a try, but money is really tight right now, so although the extra MPG would be handy, I cant afford the exchange.