4x4 Estate Handbrake cables...

Hi all, think I need to change one of my handbrake cables as the adjuster doesn't allow individual tightening of the cables, which is frustrating, and I have very uneven braking side to side when testing in the garage.

Anyway, not an expensive or particularly difficult job except for working out which cable I need ... does anyone know the length I need for a 1.8t 4x4 estate with rear discs ? as there are a couple of different ones available.

Have had a search and looked on vagcat, but no definitive answer has been forthcoming.

Edited by Simeon85

• 1 month later...

Just in case anyone else is searching for the answer to this, I initially bought the ECP 1698mm one, but this did not have the correct rubber bung that fits in the rear arm, so I didn't even try and fit it. I then spent a few quid more on the 1723mm one on eBay;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201176956715?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Perfect fit, handbrake sorted and another 12months mot under my belt :)

Edited by Simeon85
  • Like 1

yet another variation us 4x4 drivers are faced with... I'm going to create a list of the different bits and bobs, with part numbers for easy reference. I've got a bit on the exhausts so far (although I gave up and fudged a straight pipe when my back box snuffed it!)

please feel free to add to it once i've posted

Glad you got it solved in the end Simeon85, more glad you shared the answer with us!

• 2 months later...