VRS stalling, is there a recall?

I'm sure I read on here somewhere there was a recall on the vrs diesel, but I can't find it now.

It was about the start stop kicking in on a gradient?

I've noticed when I got to a multi story car park with ramps the car will cut out. At first I thought it was me trying to go up in 2nd. I seem to get it every time the car is on a steep gradient.

I'm sure I read on here somewhere there was a recall on the vrs diesel, but I can't find it now.

It was about the start stop kicking in on a gradient?

I've noticed when I got to a multi story car park with ramps the car will cut out. At first I thought it was me trying to go up in 2nd. I seem to get it every time the car is on a steep gradient.

I have experienced a similar phenomenon with my Scout. Skoda say its part of the stop/start system but  I am dubious. They checked my car over and could not find any faults.I also experience a flat spot at 20mph at 2000 revs in second gear. Again Skoda have said there are no faults

Recall is misleading unless they are contacting Registered Keepers from DVLA Records, not just Skoda / VW knowing Contacts from their System, often where many vehicles are missed.

So 'Recall Actions' they may call it,

but they are 'Service Campaigns' only, in the UK.

They are not on DVSA (VOSA) recall sites.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

I have experienced a similar phenomenon with my Scout. Skoda say its part of the stop/start system but  I am dubious.

Its definately not normal, the StopStart system should be disabled on steep gradients.

How could the car tell its on a gradient?

It has a gradient sensor in the braking system or transmission somewhere.

I see this behaviour everyday entering my underground parking garage.

When I stop on the slope at the entrance to put my key in system, StopStart is disabled & the engine doesn't stop.

If you look in the Vehicle Status->StopStart menu in the entertainment menu there is a message saying "Gradient too Steep"

It has a gradient sensor in the braking system or transmission somewhere.

I see this behaviour everyday entering my underground parking garage.

When I stop on the slope at the entrance to put my key in system, StopStart is disabled & the engine doesn't stop.

If you look in the Vehicle Status->StopStart menu in the entertainment menu there is a message saying "Gradient too Steep"

Is yours DSG?

Is yours DSG?

Mine is manual but DSG should not make a difference for this feature.

The engine doesn't stop because on a gradient you want to maintain brake vacuum pressure so that the car doesn't roll down the slope.