Boot Storage Options

spgSCOTT

Hi all,

Having had my boot filled with a large "Organiser Bag" that I would store a small bottle of oil/screenwash/etc in, I have decided that I would like to have the boot floor clear.

Some things have gone under the boot carpet, in the space around the spare, and just the bottles left at the minute.

What I am looking for is storage options that will use the space on the sides of the boot.

I know that there are OEM options that I have seen on here and I would love to have those, as would most people I imagine :p

From what I can work out, they are rare/unavailable now.

Are there any similar things that people have found, perhaps something simmilarly shaped that fits, or goes there?

Also, I know I have seen a tray under the parcel shelf on here somewhere.

At the minute I have nothing in the left/right spaces, besides the velcro strap on the left.

I am considering fitting another to the other side, may be an option to hold a bag similar to the OEM ones.

Thoughts/ideas welcome. Really don't want to use the typical bags that sit on the boot floor to hold stuff.

Scott

My solution was/is pretty simple: got 5 litre bottles of windshield liquid, oil and coolant, strap their handles with elastic cords using the side anchroing points and vois la.

Later edit: my car is losing about 500ml of coolant / week, I'm using about 1-2 litres of windshield liquid / week and the oil is just in case.

Edited by Alexandru

Yes, I had those in a bag that took up the right side, and one of the reasons for removing it was that I wanted to use the anchoring points. I have those elastic cords on the left side, but couldn't use the other.

Decided I wanted a completely clear space. Funnels/Diagnostic reader, and a couple of bags/fold out storage items under the boot carpet and wedged in the spare wheel well.

Right now I have a small bottle of oil, and a refilled water bottle of coolant strapped in the left space. (Mine uses a little bit of oil, have to check it weekly. Coolant is far less, but still something to keep an eye on for me)

After posting this, I had an idea. First Aid kits are typically about the right size, but having had a quick run around some shops today, they are all a little too small.

I am sure that there is some kind of bag that will fit nicely in there and let it be used better for storage...

Edited by spgSCOTT

All I can think of is to get a small, felt-like car boot bag and scrunch it up into place.

I have a Small boot bag which velcros to the floor and one side, and the Skoda boot net system. :)

Quite a few "hammock" style nets on eBay that could be hung behind the rear seat. It's usually how my groceries are secured.

J.

All I can think of is to get a small, felt-like car boot bag and scrunch it up into place.

I have a Small boot bag which velcros to the floor and one side, and the Skoda boot net system. :)

Quite a few "hammock" style nets on eBay that could be hung behind the rear seat. It's usually how my groceries are secured.

J.

Yeah, I think that is what I am looking for. Some right sized bag that will fit. Ideally i'd like a left and right, but they are different sizes, making things awkward.

I like the idea of the boot net, a bit more useful than the elastic cord.

Already enjoying the empty boot and being able to use the left and right tie downs to secure stuff.

How about building yourself a false floor with carpet on top so it all looks oem?

I like the idea, though there isn't a lot of vertical space if you want to keep the anchor points, or have them exposed by building around it.

All that being said, I think I know the words I need to be searching for. "Oil Top Up Bag" :D

First google result is a BMW one, for less than £5. Big enough for a bottle of oil, velcro backed. Perfect.

Now, do I want to search for one with less obvious different branding or do I be lazy and look no further :D

Off to google...

• Like 1

Would depend on the size of item to store, but I use the space under the front seats to store stuff .Especially things like my camera if I have to leave it in car.

Would depend on the size of item to store, but I use the space under the front seats to store stuff .Especially things like my camera if I have to leave it in car.

Already full of other things. :D

That was the one I saw. Also have seen some skoda ones on Ebay. Similar shape, slightly different material I think. Maybe from later skoda models?