vRS carpets

M80JJB

I've had a search but can't seem to find a great deal. Does anybody have a link for carpet removal? Or tips on the best way to go about it. I've just done the rear door seals as they were leaking, the rear foot wells are ringing so I want to take the carpet out completely to make sure it's all cleaned and dry underneath. Thanks in advance

not sure about a guide for one, but i can guess at most the steps.

- Lift up rear seat base and move the metal brackets to remove them

- Folt rear seats down and press down hook type clips at each end of the seats and lift up at the ends and pull towards the outside of the car (possibly remove 18mm bolt for 3rd seat belt if fitted)

- Remove 4 multispline bolts at the corner of each seat and remove (check for any wiring for mutli-changer, airbags or heating elements)

- Remove front ashtray and unscrew torx 20/25 screws

- Pull gearstick gaiter away from the centre console 

- Remove the cubby holder/ashtray between both front seats and unscrew torx screws, lift up center console and remove.

- Prise all trims around the edge of the carpet UP to release the pop clips. 

Id imagine that will be pretty much the full inside of the car empty apart from the dash, the carpets probobly only resting in place so should come out without much trouble, you might get away with leaving the edge trims in place.

• Like 1

Haha aye doesn't sound like much will be left bud but to be honest I think it's the only way il get rid of all the moisture. I've had 4 towels down in the last 24 hours with weights on top and they have all been soaking so there must be a hell of a water still there. Thanks for the guide.

have you definitley sealed them properly?

ive sealed mine previously but they started leaking again a few month after so i had to drill the rivets, remove the full carrier, replace the foam seal and then silicone over the top of that also... 

It does take a while to dry out though!

Get a dehumidifier in there as well to be extra sure.

Definitely sealed for now, not had any water sitting on the inside trim/cill since I did the carriers. Just all the water that was in there previously. I've managed to get the rear seats out, lifted the rear passenger carpet side and have currently got it propped up. Drying it with a fan heater in the back. Hopefully it will sort out most of the problem.

Haven't got access to a wet vac but I'm thinking it will probably benefit from it in the near future if I can get one.

Noticed earlier I got soaking wet carpets in the drivers side due to the monsoon, water tracking in via door seal, crap design anyway car mats out and drying so later I'll be drying out using the Mrs and daughters hair driers.

I have used a wet vac to sucess in the past, plus loads of driving with the heater on full chat with windows open. Perhaps not ideal at this time of year though. You could also put a dehumidifier in the car when it's stood up.

The key to using a wet vac is to apply heavy pressure to the rear footwell carpet as you vacuum, that way it squeezes most of the water out of the underlying foam soundproofing through the carpet as you hoover.

Mine were soaking when I got mine, actually stood on the carpet as I was doing it, get loads more out that way! Much easier than removing the whole carpet

I've got a dehumidifier for the weekend so hopefully that will get rid of the remaining moisture. The foam underlay was the worst part I found, had to dry under it, then lay it flat and dry the top of it, then move onto the carpet. Unreal the amount of water that it held.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to sort the door seals out? Noticed a line of water coming down the carpet in the rear passenger side in the middle of the door last night. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk