LE discussion removed from owners list

Anyone here know why the tdi version has less torque than a standard vrs. 167 bhp le and 170 bhp for the standard .and 225 ft lb for le and standard is 258 ftlb?

Anyone here know why the tdi version has less torque than a standard vrs. 167 bhp le and 170 bhp for the standard .and 225 ft lb for le and standard is 258 ftlb?

It doesn't. The 170 refers to Pferdestärke, a rough metric equivalent of the imperial Horse Power. PS results are a little higher, around 2%, so manufacturers quote that figure instead. The engine makes 167BHP/170PS. Not sure on the torque figures.

Edited by MagicMavis

• 3 weeks later...

I just had a remap on my blackline tdi and the first dyno run without map was 172.5 and it's done 51k.

That's a lot more than I though it would of had being standard.

Running 200.5 now and very happy.

P.s is this thread for blacklines as I thought they where limited editions ?

Oh ok thanks, thought they might have put a number on the blacklines seeing as there was only supposed to 500 made of those !?

When i bought my Blackline i was told only 500 were built

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am now the owner of no 485. Based in Stockton on Tees.

Currently has 70,500 miles on the clock.

What's the story with these alloys? People seem to suggest there is a problem with them.

I know my car feels like something is off balance or not quite round.

Front has been balanced and tracking checked... need to look at the rear next but if there is a problem with these wheels can somebody fill me in on the details? thanks

I am now the owner of no 485. Based in Stockton on Tees.

Currently has 70,500 miles on the clock.

What's the story with these alloys? People seem to suggest there is a problem with them.

I know my car feels like something is off balance or not quite round.

Front has been balanced and tracking checked... need to look at the rear next but if there is a problem with these wheels can somebody fill me in on the details? thanks

if it still has the original multi spoke monza's on then they are probably buckled somewhere . As they are as soft as chocolate on a hot day. quite a few of us owners have changed them for different alloys as why keep paying £80 ish for another that will most likely buckle again. I changed mine for another brand of multi spoke as i wanted to keep the limited edition look but others have gone back to the standard vrs alloys & others just chose a set they liked

Thanks for the reply. I haven't had the rears checked for balance yet but I'm certain something is out of true. My brother has just swapped his audi wheels so might put his oem ones on my car to see if it improves the ride. I put a gopro on the bonnet the other day and video is super smooth.... Put it on the rear glass and it's unwatchable due to vibration.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought no 368 last week, lovely motor!

no 368 - petrol  - hatch - weston super mare!

It should be too, it was mine. 33K on the clock!

It hasn't gone far then as I live in WsM. Really p!sses my wife off though seeing it driven around town. I think she wanted it to end up somewhere else, oh well!

Enjoy it I was absolutely gutted to get rid of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whats the difference with the Ltd eds?.. other than build number?.. and leather interior..?

The exterior has been given a splash of grey metallic paint too, accompanied by a new 18-inch alloy wheel design. Plus you also get a special badge on the rear to differentiate it from the standard model.

On the inside, you get full Italian leather, Matt silver trim,dual zone climate control,Multi function display, cruise control and a touch screen six CD auto-changer Newer CR Diesel engine as standard. Put simply, that's £1,900-worth of kit for an extra £750,

Edited by Lew0-VRS

• 2 weeks later...

Fine no harsh at all. My missus and little boy have to go out in it so I'm glad it's riding ok. Noticebly lower at the front.ive got some pics on my Facebook wall if u wanted to look

Fine no harsh at all. My missus and little boy have to go out in it so I'm glad it's riding ok. Noticebly lower at the front.ive got some pics on my Facebook wall if u wanted to look

Sounds good got an 8 week old baby so wouldn't want it much harder than it is now either. Yes please dude pm me a link if you can.

Do anyone think that the le will become a classic and a rare care in years to come as only 500 made

Classic - No.   Rare - maybe.

Edited by philbes