VW Emissions Scandal Thread V2

Outofthi5world

On 06/03/2019 at 09:46, Skoffski said:

I will have a diesel pickup for that. A non SCR.   I want to save money not the world!

Who can rely on just EV's or no brown outs...

Rupert loves you George.

37 minutes ago, Ryeman said:

I thought the article might say the Beetle was a Skoda  to start off with. When the Octavia was launched I went to an opening at a London dealership where a person from Skoda  UK  HO was  in attendance, with  whom I engaged in conversation, incl. re a book of Skoda  ?. He had such a one in his car and showed it to me, open page xyz  he said ,what is that car showing on it?. Was a  Beetle I said  but no, he retorted, a Skoda ,   designed etc  by Ferdinand Porsche for Skoda  for   whom  he worked  at that time , but left taking the plans etc with him to Germany, the rest is history.

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:04, Ryeman said:

I may have already posted an message re Jaguar, with an Xf  Sportbrake   which I was looking into and was given a leaflet  in their showroom prepared by Jaguar  pointing out diesel Euro 6  is much cleaner than petrol engines ,incl on Co2  and that cities which have banned diesels may well have to plead  them to come back as those cities' pollutions are rising , Euro 6 ones that is. I still cannot make up my mind re petrol or diesel as the one I currently have will not be able to be used  far from where I live , thanks to Citizen Khan.

VW Sued by SEC for Misleading Bondholders on Diesel Cheating

Peter Blumberg and Karin Matussek, Bloomberg News

•  

(Bloomberg) -- Volkswagen AG was sued by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission over claims the carmaker failed to disclose to investors that its diesel vehicles didn’t comply with emission standards.  The German automaker sold billions of dollars of corporate bonds and asset-backed securities in the U.S. from 2010 to 2015 while concealing its emissions-cheating scheme, according to the complaint filed by the regulator late Thursday in San Francisco federal court.     “The investors did not know that VW was lying to consumers to fool them into buying its ‘clean diesel’ cars and lying to government authorities in order to sell cars in the U.S. that did not comply with U.S. emission standards,” the SEC alleged.   The SEC informed the company that it might bring an enforcement action related to an investigation that formally began in January 2017, VW said Tuesday in its annual report.  Allegations that VW wrongfully withheld information about the emission software used in its diesel cars have loomed over the company since the scandal first broke in 2015.

A German court is in the process of hearing a group action covering suits brought by thousands of investors with claims totaling more than 9 billion euros ($10 billion). The Braunschweig court has scheduled the next hearing in the case for March 25.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/vw-sued-by-sec-for-misleading-bondholders-on-diesel-cheating-1.1229445

1 minute ago, Sad555 said:

Whot about the poor (uk)customer who bought one of these euro 5 cheats?

Should the UK follow the US and compensate buyers or is it just tough luck.

VW  should be fined if CO2 and NOX actually are way different to tested and certified.

Pay the difference in any road tax etc.

As to compensation due to consumers changing their mind about diesels.

I decided to go down the petrol route in 2010, not regretted it on balance. 

My petrol cars have been doing 40 or 60 mpg, I just see no point in diesel as I do not tow, though if I did not have a fuel card it might be a more difficult choice.

Vag were found guilty in the USA and fined...........BUT nothing much in Europe because they pulled the wool over governments eyes with the FIX/FAIL.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lol-lol said:

Should the UK follow the US and compensate buyers or is it just tough luck.

VW  should be fined if CO2 and NOX actually are way different to tested and certified.

Pay the difference in any road tax etc.

As to compensation due to consumers changing their mind about diesels.

I decided to go down the petrol route in 2010, not regretted it on balance. 

My petrol cars have been doing 40 or 60 mpg, I just see no point in diesel as I do not tow, though if I did not have a fuel card it might be a more difficult choice.

It goes beyond that as it was a deliberate act that has become the biggest intentional act of pollution. Whilst the EU has fined countries before for acts of pollution caused see by industries within that state. Those states then fine the companies responsible. The EU have been very quiet over this issue and not fined any country involved in the production of this cheat or those that gave it type approval to be sold within the EU. 

At the same time cities are now stopping people from using diesels due to the pollution making their cars worth less fuel if they were to sell them or they’re charged more to use them. This doesn’t even consider the issue of the health implications and cost of future medical care requirements. 

Again lip service is paid to the protection of the public whilst the EU remains in the pocket of big business. 

• Like 1

That is Dr Martin Winterkorn, but i still do not see anything about Stefan Jacoby the Head of VW in North America 2007-2010 and who did the introduction of the Green / Clean TDI's to the USA.

Was he the 'whistle blower'/ Industry insider seeing the positions held with so many difference manufacturers?

Volvo and GM after huffing off from VW!

Screenshot 2019-03-15 at 21.37.03.png

Edited by Skoffski

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...