Continental Headlights - Self-Adjusting or Not?

Went to France today confident that the Amundsen in our L&K would know where it was and adjust the headlight beam pattern - but no indication that it had done so. However ... On returning to the UK the Satnav came up with the UK speed limits, so it presumably realised I was returning from across the channel.

Any idea on whether the L&K/Amundsen headlights do adjust automatically L/R and how I can check whether this is the case? Bought some beam adjusters just in case I was pulled over by les flics ...

It should do....it from the mapping data should know your are driving on the continent and put the lights into tourist mode.

Upon return it should do the same.

If unsure you can set it manually in the settings....though it may already be ticked if its set it automatically.

As far as I am aware, and certainly on my own Octavia elegance with the Amundsen sat- nav (which has the optional xenon headlights) you have to set the headlights manually for LHD -(settings - tourist mode). It doesn't do it automatically.

Edited by Timoctav

On my vRS with the Columbus unit it is automatic.

However, when it does it there is a large message displayed in the Columbus saying "Headlights Adjusted for RHD/LHD" or something like that.

The same kind of message like when you are running low on fuel & if you want it to find a petrol station.

I would expect if it was automatic with L&K and Amundsen it should display a similar style message?

I've a 2014 VRs, albeit European spec (bought in Luxembourg) with Columbus, and mine certainly changes when coming over to the UK - get a message in the Maxidot saying headlights adjusted for Right Hand Driving (or something similar in wording) - the message doesn't always kick in when starting up on the ferry though, guess it still thinks it is abroad as not physically on a UK road, but the first startup upon UK soil will get the message generated.

I'm with Andyvee on this. I have a VRS with Amundsen, but remember thinking that the Columbus auto switching was a decent feature, but I'd never use it often enough to pay the extra when my Amundsen was a free upgrade. In all the spec literature it certainly only referred to Columbus as having this capability. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting could be the more detailed mapping on the columbus that allows this functionality?

I am sure someone on here though said they had an Amundsen and it did it too? May be imagining it...or it could just be misinformed?