Frost warning

Add the low fuel warning to the list of irritants - I ******* know I'm low on fuel - I do actually look at the instrument cluster.

If you know you are low on fuel, perhaps filling PRIOR to pinging is the answer. I know when  I am getting low on diesel but I wait for the ping BEFORE filling. I then plan to fill at the earliest convenient time. This may be immediately, or even a day or two so the re-ping is handy when I re-start the car. The frost alert too. I drive from town to rural spaces where the temp goes up and down by just the right amount to make it ping. Usually I am glad to be warned, particularly if I have a student driving who may or may not be aware of the possibility of ice on the road. Its a great teaching point for me, along with spotting horse Sh-muck on the road. Fresh, expect a horse round the next bend, dried and flattened, not so likely.

Don't get a ping to warn me of that though!

Edited by mrgf

If you know you are low on fuel, perhaps filling PRIOR to pinging is the answer. I know when I am getting low on diesel but I wait for the ping BEFORE filling. I then plan to fill at the earliest convenient time. This may be immediately, or even a day or two so the re-ping is handy when I re-start the car. The frost alert too. I drive from town to rural spaces where the temp goes up and down by just the right amount to make it ping. Usually I am glad to be warned, particularly if I have a student driving who may or may not be aware of the possibility of ice on the road. Its a great teaching point for me, along with spotting horse Sh-muck on the road. Fresh, expect a horse round the next bend, dried and flattened, not so likely.

Don't get a ping to warn me of that though!

I almost always do - it's only very occasionally that I allow the fuel to get so low that the ping goes off - usually down to the convenience of filling up - as I rarely stray outside of a ten-mile radius from my residence there's zero chance I'm going to run out of fuel (I don't live in the sticks - there are petrol stations everywhere). Edited by Brian69

I almost always do - it's only very occasionally that I allow the fuel to get so low that the ping goes off - usually down to the convenience of filling up - as I rarely stray outside of a ten-mile radius from my residence there's zero chance I'm going to run out of fuel (I don't live in the sticks - there are petrol stations everywhere).

If it didnt ping to say low fuel, there would be plenty of people compleining that it doesnt, or that theyve run out and it never warned

• Like 1

If it didnt ping to say low fuel, there would be plenty of people compleining that it doesnt, or that theyve run out and it never warned

BOOOOOM! and thats the EXACT REASON we have these noises/warning lights etc!

That nail hit firmly and squarely on the head should be enough to convince the hardened sceptic/complainer to the benefits of warning noises and lights.

• Like 1

Such people shouldn't be trusted with control of a motor vehicle :devil: .

...As shouldn't anyone who won't venture more then ten miles from home in case they get lost or run out of go-juice! There are plenty of busses out there for those people.

(Just teasing)

Edited by mrgf
  • Like 2

I drove from Glasgow to Santa Pod raceway for the MKII meet last May - made it to Wellingborough without consulting a map - was only a little unsure when I was a couple of miles from the Pod - was about to pull up for directions when I saw a van with 'Santa Pod Raceway' on it - followed it over the line ;) (I took a chance it was returning to base!).

Filled up again in Wellingborough on the Sunday before heading home via Market Rasen - no 'pings' on a round trip of around 800 miles (a wee fuel top-up at Shell Todhills on the M6 to ensure no anxious glances at the fuel gauge on the final leg).

Edited by Brian69