Does my car have Parking / Reverse sensors?

Hi,

My car is:

Skoda Octavia Hatch 5Dr Eleg 5dr 2.0 TDI PD 140 DSG Automatic (2005-05)
Brake Horse Power 140 BHP
Kilo Watt Output 103 Kw
Fuel Delivery Turbo

How do I know this car has parking sensors fitted. When I make reverse I am not getting any alarm. Is parking sensors will come with standard car purchase? or additional fitting after car purchase?

Thanks,

Naresh.

2005 model.  I doubt it had reverse sensors.   My 2007 Elegance didn't have them (different market so possibly slightly different specs).

As above - there should be 4x small round sensors in a horizontal line across the bumper.  Approximately 20mm in diameter

Hi,

My car is:

Skoda Octavia Hatch 5Dr Eleg 5dr 2.0 TDI PD 140 DSG Automatic (2005-05)

Brake Horse Power 140 BHP

Kilo Watt Output 103 Kw

Fuel Delivery Turbo

How do I know this car has parking sensors fitted. When I make reverse I am not getting any alarm. Is parking sensors will come with standard car purchase? or additional fitting after car purchase?

Thanks,

Naresh.

In the boot floor there is a piece of paper stuck to the floor with different letters and numbers these are the cobes for each element of the cars identification of things fitted, just check the codes out on a code checker for vag vehicles on line

2005 model.  I doubt it had reverse sensors.   My 2007 Elegance didn't have them (different market so possibly slightly different specs).

As above - there should be 4x small round sensors in a horizontal line across the bumper.  Approximately 20mm in diameter

All UK Elegance should have rear parking sensors as standard.

• Like 1

Yep all UK Elegance spec MK2 Octavias got rear parking sensors as standard.

First double check you do have them by looking for the round little sensors in the bumper. They're pretty obvious on the Pre-FL pre-2009 cars as they're not as recessed as the above photo and have an additional ring round them.

Next turn the ignition on and put the car in reverse. First check that the R lights up on the selector, that R is hilighted on the dash and that the reverse lights are working. Put your ear right next to each of the sensors and listen for a clicking noise. If you can hear clicking then this would indicate a faulty speaker. If no clicking on any then the module or wiring is at fault.

Next thing to check is if your rear washer works or not? Might sound strange but it's very common for a connector for the pipe near the parking sensor wiring to pop off and cause damage to the module and/or wiring.

The module itself is located on the left and side of the boot (while stood looking into the boot) behind the carpet near the suspension strut.

May also be worth your while seeing if anyone is near to you with VCDS that can do a scan of the car and see if anything obvious flags up there.

Edited by Phil-E
  • Like 1

Hi All,

Thanks foe reply.

I checked and car has Round rings (see below). As Mr. Phil mentioned, I check sound near by sensors and nothing.

My rear wiper is not working. Hope that cause for this as well.

Thanks,

Naresh.

01-12-2015 11-56-17.bmp

Edited by NareshKumar

Hi,

I forgot to say that when I am on R (riverse) gear, I will get LONG BEEP Sound (about 4 to 5 secods).

Is something wrong with sensors? I read some of the forums (below one),

http://www.skodaforum.co.uk/showthread.php/338-Skoda-Octavia-parking-sensor-fault

they said it is due to the weather condition.

Any one has experienced with similar problem?

Thanks,

Naresh.

A long beep indicates a problem with the sensors yes.

Do as I said before, turn the ignition on (engine not running), engage reverse gear and go round the back of the car and put your ear to each of the sensors and listen for a faint clicking sound.

If they don't click then there's a fault with them. You may hear some clicking but then one that doesn't which one mean that one is broken.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I took my car to garage today and person said that 3 sensors are faulty. Can I replace my self? how much one sensor will cost?

Please suggest me.

Thanks...

Remove rear bumper - disconnect wires - remove sensors from plastic holder.   If you have skills & tools to remove bumper you should be OK.

The sensors aren't expensive off ebay. They come unpainted though so you need to get some spray paint for your car to give them a quick spray so they match.

The centre two sensors are easy to replace without removing the bumper but the outer ones are pretty awkward to get to!

But if you're replacing three then you are best taking the bumper off.

Phil

I bought one of these;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-POLO-T5-SKODA-OCTAVIA-PARKING-SENSOR-PDC-OEM-SENSOR-7H0919275C-FRONT-OR-REAR-/271612990468?hash=item3f3d655404:g:dQoAAOSwBvNTpiJM

It's not an original VW/Skoda part but for the price seems ok. I think a few people had recommended them on here.

As I said though it's just plain unpainted black so you need to paint them too unless you're not bothered about them matching your car colour.

Phil

• 4 weeks later...