1.4 tsi 4*4 L&K

Smudger64

I think it'll be hard to gauge fuel consumption on a brand new car - my 150tdi DSG got 37.2 mpg on my 13 mile commute this morning, driving sensibly and not going much over 70mph on the dual-carriageway - it's got 130 miles on the clock. My friend who's exact same car did the same drive to my office today except went at 80mph on the dual-carriageway got 42mpg but she's got around 800 miles on the clock. I think it'll take a fair while for the actual mpg to be achieved reliably.

After looking at many Yetis on fuelly.com, I'm not really convinced the efficiency improvement often mentioned in much more than an urban myth.

I tend to agree. When I had the A6 there were guys on the forum who'd kept records over a long time/mileage which indicated hardly any change to MPG. As mentioned elsewhere likely due to the fine machining tolerances in modern engines which don't really require running to the extent that older engines did. Not that I'd thrash a new engine from the start though.

Unsurprisingly the biggest variations in MPG are between summer and winter when during the latter engines take longer to reach full operating temperature, especially diesels.

Hi just wondering if anybody has taken delivery of the new yeti 1.4 L&K 4*4 and what your thoughts are of the car especially fuel consumption

Not many on here seem to have them yet, but suspect there will be a lot more shortly (myself included) because of the very attractive PCH deals that have been offered for them recently. There's a bit of feedback here from an existing owner:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/375374-help-me-choose-and-your-opinions-please/?p=4414367

They'd be even more if the engine was available, as others have asked for, in other trim/model levels and different trim colours.

Edited by VAGCF

Mine too was built last week (1.4tsi L&K Jungle Green)- I'd love to have it for Xmas but realistically expect it to be early January.

It definitely feels like the one that everyone is ordering at the moment.

I'm wondering if the Jungle Green is going to look a bit like the wonderful drab coloured Porsche 911 that Saga Noren drives in the Bridge.

I'm wondering if the Jungle Green is going to look a bit like the wonderful drab coloured Porsche 911 that Saga Noren drives in the Bridge.

Well, about as close as a modern paint finish can, not quite as yellow a green though. It would look even closer to the Porsche with the Matterhorn alloys but sadly you're not allowed to "downgrade" anything in the L&K without paying for it!

In dull weather (like now) it looks quite drab and serious, when the sun's out it has quite a lovely depth to the colour.

Mine too was built last week (1.4tsi L&K Jungle Green)- I'd love to have it for Xmas but realistically expect it to be early January.

It definitely feels like the one that everyone is ordering at the moment.

I want one!

Colin