What annoyed you today whilst driving? **V2**

john999boy

Before I'd even managed to drive anywhere today.

Got to my car this morning to find some scroate has sprayed feckin snow spray all down one side of the car.... along with the windscreen and both headlights.

Why the **** would you even find it funny to do this?

20161210_113219_zpsjdzrq1qz.jpg

Edited by softscoop

Got to my car this morning to find some scroate has sprayed feckin snow spray all down one side of the car.... along with the windscreen and both headlights.

Why the **** would you even find it funny to do this?

Blimey - thought that was spray paint before I read the description! :o

On that note - annoying, but could have been worse...

• 3 weeks later...

This is the sort of stupid vandalism that makes one want to put a cctv camera to keep an eye on one's car, house, etc.

I put a cheap micromark camera up to monitor the front of my house, after a few bits of minor vandalism (our house is right on the street with no front garden). That camera has just failed after many years and I was thinking of buying another. However, a recent (2012 & 2013) change in the law makes it potentially illegal to have a camera that might view neighbours, or the public in the street in front of one's house:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property/domestic-cctv-using-cctv-systems-on-your-property

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/cctv/

So what the heck are we to do to protect our property?  I think some of these regulations originate in Brussels.

Edited by OldTrilobite

• 3 weeks later...

Got a bit ****ed off this morning. Pulled away at a set of lights with a little Seat Mii in front, he went flying off down the slip road and was a fair bit ahead of me by the time we joined the dual carriageway. I stick the CC on at 80 leptons and catch up with the Seat, but as I start to pass he speeds up to sit just in my blind spot. It was only the pair of us on the road as far as we could see and I wasnt going to speed up anymore so just carried on. We sat for about 5 miles like it until he took an exit slip road and flashed his lights as he left. Quite what that was all about I dont know!

• Like 1

Got a bit ****** off this morning. Pulled away at a set of lights with a little Seat Mii in front, he went flying off down the slip road and was a fair bit ahead of me by the time we joined the dual carriageway. I stick the CC on at 80 leptons and catch up with the Seat, but as I start to pass he speeds up to sit just in my blind spot. It was only the pair of us on the road as far as we could see and I wasnt going to speed up anymore so just carried on. We sat for about 5 miles like it until he took an exit slip road and flashed his lights as he left. Quite what that was all about I dont know!

Great arent they. Some folk just dont like being overtaken! 

I havent driven a mii or an up! or whatever, but you'd think the little engine would be revving abit at 80? 

Obviously didnt want you past. 

The awkward bit is if you speed up, get past.. pull in... set the cruise again... the feckers come past you again n you get the same problem. Pain in the arse. 

I havent driven a mii or an up! or whatever, but you'd think the little engine would be revving abit at 80? 

The awkward bit is if you speed up, get past.. pull in... set the cruise again... the feckers come past you again n you get the same problem. Pain in the arse. 

Yeah, I should imagine it was a bit buzzy at that speed :D 

I went up to Doncaster last Saturday to pick up a wheel, on the way back I was sat with cruise on, this bloody Peugeot estate kept passing me, then slowing down, I must have overtaken them about 10 times down the M1. They must have been doing 85, then 75, then 85 again. 

• Like 1

I went up to Doncaster last Saturday to pick up a wheel, on the way back I was sat with cruise on, this bloody Peugeot estate kept passing me, then slowing down, I must have overtaken them about 10 times down the M1. They must have been doing 85, then 75, then 85 again. 

you'd think so :D. 

Yeah i get that mate. You don't notice unless you've got cruise, n you know its not you, cos it cant be :D. Becomes a little bit of a pain in the arse really. 

Its like.. when you're going the same speed as everyone else.. but the motorway just starts going uphill slightly. It's only when you've got the cruise on that you start then going past everyone cos its reacted faster to the incline than they have. :D. Then it goes downhill n they all forget themselves n leave you :D. 

At that speed a citigo/mii/up sounds brilliant :D its revvy, but a happy revvy :)

• Like 1

Couldnt multiquote on the phone... see post above. They are brilliant and happy at that speed. Quite solid feeling on the road too :)

Happy revvy. I like that :D.

Whats it revving at at 80 dya reckon? Wouldn't prolong that sort of speed would you?

i sat at 85 the whole way down the M8 from Cahir to Cork and out to the airport one day (backed off for Sth Ring as its 100kph road) and it was grand - 50miles sat at speed other than sopping for toll plaza. Cant remember what the revs were like tbh, but it can do 70mph in 3rd... honestly it sou ds happier having its neck rung than it does at lower revs as its got f'kall power.. though no weight... :D i gave a few much fancier cars a surprise that day.. as they bobbed along and i zipped by them :) Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 1

My Panda is funny, if I leave it in 6th it pulls slowly from 60 - 80, but then hits 4000rpm and starts pulling really quite well, always makes me laugh. It's quite noisy though, when I was late for my train to Belgium I think I lost some hearing between the M1 and M20 :D It copes quite well for a little car though on the motorway so I guess the City/Mii/Up would be similar. 

• Like 1

Arent they 3 cylinder? I forgot about that :D

Yup 3 little jam jars (too small to call them pots :D ) with 20 rampaging (shetland) ponies wedged into each one in swmbo's 60bhp mpi :D i love bringin it out for a spin from to time as its like a go-kart.

Once again inappropriate use of fog lights. Too blinding. What annoyed me more, was it was a nissan juke. Too many front lights! - six in total! Looks awful.

• Like 1

Once again inappropriate use of fog lights. Too blinding. What annoyed me more, was it was a nissan juke. Too many front lights! - six in total! Looks awful.

whats worse is the ones that look like foglights are actualkl the dip/main beams :D utterly awful vehicle in evey way..

Technically speaking it was yesterday........

But I had someone in a Nissan of some sort following me with his main beam blazing away. Luckily after a couple of miles I managed to get a few cars between us, but it is still annoying! :angry:

4 hours ago, mattlad said:

Technically speaking it was yesterday........

But I had someone in a Nissan of some sort following me with his main beam blazing away. Luckily after a couple of miles I managed to get a few cars between us, but it is still annoying! :angry:

There is a button on your car to deal with this very situation.

It turns on the rear fog lights.

Just now, Octy0GG said:

The 'This journey' MPG readout. Or more specifically what the small hill at the end of my journey does to it. Must stop looking at it.

Completely agree. 

Theres a hill near me thats so steep.. most stuff does 40mph max up it.. loaded wagons nearly stop (sometimes do, oh dear) and its impossible to get up without putting your foot down. 

Then you watch several MPG disappear :D 

• Like 1