Mud flaps

I bought these, front and back. Fitted them in my VRS estate in about an hour. They are good quality, look decent too. Happy with them. Very good fitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put on the mud flap's today (rear) and as stubborn as i am i decided to not take of the Wheel..a lot of bad Language and an hour later the first one was fitted.

decided to remove the Wheel on the other side and 10 minutes later it was fitted.

shoud have fitted them when i got the car,the Paint already got damages from stone chips.

the car is only two months old and i have just used it four weeks and the the last four weeks it's been in the garage.

Edited by bytterga

Thanks all. Just ordered from superskoda.

Money well spent!

Here in Finland usually cars come with front flaps installed, but rear flaps are missing. I recently installed ones to my 4x4 (and my wife's Fabia), as occasional driving on gravel will eat away most of the paint from the rear bumper skin (that happens in fwd even).

I should add that the standard mud flaps are too short for the Scout.

Mud still gets thrown onto the bumper.

does the superskoda ones have the protective film for installation?

i got mine from the skoda netshop (Norwegian) and it was advised to buy the protective film when fitting them. protects the Paint under the flaps from dirt collected between the flap and the Paint.

Mine's don't have. And yes, paint did got scratched from the dirt accumulated under the flaps. So I took them off.

I polished the scratches, the harm was not that big as I used them only for a few winter months last year.

Edited by cip

does the superskoda ones have the protective film for installation?

i got mine from the skoda netshop (Norwegian) and it was advised to buy the protective film when fitting them. protects the Paint under the flaps from dirt collected between the flap and the Paint.

Could you post a link for the film?

Could you post a link for the film?

i got the film from the Norwegian skoda netshop not superskoda

it was two sheets of 3M protection film. cut the sheet so you cover the Paint under the flap.

i Guess you can get the protecton film for half the price in uk, i payed 27 Euro for two sheets...

Sorry I thought the sheets were model specific and pre cut? If not I'm sure your right and any " helicopter tape" type stuff would do.

no they where not precut.

Yeah,i am sure any "helicopter tape" will do.

Edited by bytterga

On the Scout models, the mud flaps do not come into contact with painted metal, the contact the plastic inner wheel arch liner and the scout specific Plastic Wheel arch extender trim.

Sorry pics did not attach, try again

Did you have any problems fitting them? I was told that it's impossible to mount standard mudflaps on Scout due to extra plastic covers we have...

Had to register to post - so guess I should say hi! :peek:

Hi zimatis

They are not difficult to fit to a Scout, however the pre filled holes do not line up with the existing screws and require new holes to be drilled in the flaps, around 20mm inboard from the standard holes.

If you message me with your email address, I'll send you the pictures I took when I fitted them.

Hi zimatis

They are not difficult to fit to a Scout, however the pre filled holes do not line up with the existing screws and require new holes to be drilled in the flaps, around 20mm inboard from the standard holes.

If you message me with your email address, I'll send you the pictures I took when I fitted them.

Great! Sent you PM :)

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

Hi RJ22JGB,

Now you've had them on a while, would you say the rears are worth fitting to the Scout? I was so disappointed to be told by my dealer that none were available for the Scout!