Octavia VRS 2015 - Water in rear door!

Not the start to the morning I wanted, water sloshing sound coming from rear of my 3 month old Octavia VRS. 

Managed to find it was coming from passenger rear door. Called the dealer, car is going in next Tuesday under warranty. They told me they had similar issues on Fabia due to a door seal and it was quick fix, but not had any my model in, not sure if they where not admitting to it.

Managed to open the door and moved the seal underneath the door and about half pint water poured out, not sure if its something blocking the holes on the door that has kept water in from draining out.

We have had some crazy rain up Scotland recently and never had back doors open for a while. Thankfully it only seems to be the 1 back door.

I am just more anxious than ever as my last car Skoda Superb was plagued by water ingress issues.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for your replies, my front doors seem to be ok, it was just that one door which was holding water.

My car booked in on Tuesday.

Seems silly design though the rubber seals cover the holes in the bottom of the doors, so cant see how the water can escape!

Thanks for your replies, my front doors seem to be ok, it was just that one door which was holding water.

My car booked in on Tuesday.

Seems silly design though the rubber seals cover the holes in the bottom of the doors, so cant see how the water can escape!

I asked same question, and was told

"The seal does not fully cover the drain holes in the door when the door is shut. The seal channels the water towards the exterior of the vehicle as designed. It is impossible to see how this works as the door is shut when it’s happening and obviously the seal has a different position when the door is closed Vs Open"

Had exactly the same issue with my Elegance about 1 year ago, near side rear door. I pulled the seal to one side at the base of the door a couple of times to allow the water to drain away and the problem has not reoccurred.

Just back from the Garage, went to local Skoda Dealer, was in and out in an hour. They told me they had similar issues with Skoda Rapid, but not seen any issues with octavia.

They have made small cut out the door seal, I asked for photo to be sent to me. They take photos for warranty purposes. I am hoping I shouldn't have anymore issues now - fingers crossed.

PC150867.jpg

Just back from the Garage, went to local Skoda Dealer, was in and out in an hour. They told me they had similar issues with Skoda Rapid, but not seen any issues with octavia.

They have made small cut out the door seal, I asked for photo to be sent to me. They take photos for warranty purposes. I am hoping I shouldn't have anymore issues now - fingers crossed.

PC150867.jpg

My understanding is that the "v" on the top of your seal should channel the water away. Seems a very poor design.

My only fear about modifying the current seals is that there is a risk of water coming back in i.e. after going through a puddle, or passing a car which throws water up on yours. 

• 4 years later...

I just discovered this issue, found that water was sloshing around the rear drivers side door. There are holes at the bottom of the door to let escape, however the rubber seal around the door was stopping it - I think it had clogged up with dirt over time. So I moved it away from the door slightly and heaps of water escaped. Did this to all my doors just in case.

Will keep an eye on the mentioned door, may require a new seal, or just a good clean of the door and rubber seal, with the seal removed.

• 3 years later...

Hi - I have had the same on my 65 plate VRS - rear left side door full of water - pull the rubber seal away at bottom of the door near the pillar and it all drains out - no idea how it is getting there, but we have had massive amount of rain