Oil Service... With 340 miles on the clock?!

Jimrod

It does for oil level http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=123142

and here post 6 http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/230866-oil-warning-light/

CHECK OIL LEVEL

The warning light will go out if the bonnet is left open for more than 30 seconds. If

no engine oil has been replenished, the warning light will come on again after

driving about 100 km.

That's the oil level warning rather than the oil service reminder warning.

It does for oil level http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=123142

and here post 6 http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/230866-oil-warning-light/

CHECK OIL LEVEL

The warning light will go out if the bonnet is left open for more than 30 seconds. If

no engine oil has been replenished, the warning light will come on again after

driving about 100 km.

Neither of which seems to apply to the Yeti or the engines fitted to a Yeti.

Neither of which seems to apply to the Yeti or the engines fitted to a Yeti.

All Vag cars do this ask 

Tech1e

if you don't believe me  his post 7 and that's a 1.8  TSI which is fitted to a Yeti or are you saying Yetis are inferior to all vag cars since 2003 ?  http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/280822-engine-oil-level-warning-light-comes-on/

Edited by blueR36

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Yeti_5L/11-2015/Manual/Yeti/A-SUV_Yeti_OwnersManual.pdf

from page 31

 Engine oil pressure too low » page 34

 Check engine oil level Engine oil sensor defective » page 169

copied straight from page 35 of yeti manual   Engine oil level too low  Illuminates  Check oil level! ▶Stop the vehicle, switch off the engine, and check the engine oil level, top up if necessary. The warning light will go out if the bonnet is left open for more than 30 seconds. If no engine oil has been replenished, the warning light will come on again after driving about 100 km. Just ass I said in post 16, but maybe techie is wrong I am wrong and Skoda is wrong but you are right , you better get on to Skoda and tell them they have made an error 

Edited by blueR36
  • Like 2

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Yeti_5L/11-2015/Manual/Yeti/A-SUV_Yeti_OwnersManual.pdf

from page 31

 Engine oil pressure too low » page 34

 Check engine oil level Engine oil sensor defective » page 169

copied straight from page 35 of yeti manual   Engine oil level too low  Illuminates  Check oil level! ▶Stop the vehicle, switch off the engine, and check the engine oil level, top up if necessary. The warning light will go out if the bonnet is left open for more than 30 seconds. If no engine oil has been replenished, the warning light will come on again after driving about 100 km. Just ass I said in post 16, but maybe techie is wrong I am wrong and Skoda is wrong but you are right , you better get on to Skoda and tell them they have made an error 

Dont want to get embroiled in an argument here. but i dont think there is anything on page 35 that explains the message displayed on original posters car. it is also a good idea to remember the manual will have been translated into English from a master copy probably by someone whose first language is possibly not english and therefor liable to have the text missinterpreted.

What it says to me personally is should the oil can symbol illuminate there is a lack of oil pressure as measured by the oil pressure switch. A possible cause being insuficient oil or faulty pressure switch. Of course because this switch only measures pressure even should you add oil this wont be recogognised by the switch unless it can detect a rise in oil pressure.

No, blueR36 is right. This was mentioned in another thread just recently.

There is a yellow light to indicate that the oil level is too low and the usual red one to indicate low oil pressure, which can of course, and usually is due to the oil level being exceptionally low! I don't think the manual would say that you will have the warning again after another 100km. but would say, top up the oil immediately before driving any further!

I don't know the level at which point the yellow warning light comes on and don't intend to ever see it as I check my oil level manually!

As said though, the OP problem is due to something completely different, probably as stated, the service reminder setting.

Edited by VAGCF
  • Like 2

I'm having a bad day.

My wife has reached the age where the winter fuel allowance (which until now has been paid to me) now has to be shared between us!

As a result I'm feeling a bit "touchy" so no arguments please ladies and gentlemen. Peace and goodwill to all and s*d the DWP. :evil:

Fred

Edited by g6zru

I'm having a bad day.

My wife has reached the age where the winter fuel allowance (which until now has been paid to me) now has to be shared between us!

As a result I'm feeling a bit "touchy" so no arguments please ladies and gentlemen. Peace and goodwill to all and s*d the DWP. :evil:

Fred

What?!  Didn't you give her a share of the heat, before??!!  M'Lady and I both get a bit - we use my allowance before Christmas and hers after.   

Oh b*m.  Back in Bob's Corner again...

• Like 1

Checked the dipstick and the level is about 3/4 of the way up the cross-hatched section so seems fine, the service display however:

AE8A2AA0-B5DC-47F9-BB31-FCAE493BD8E2_zps

:dull:

Annoying.

So it looks the 'next service' was set for 300 miles or 1 year by mistake. It should be quickly resolved with a dealer visit. :)

• Like 1

Brijo - That was my thoughts as well.

Fred, shame on you for keeping it all to yourself!

My late FiL used to use it for heating his greenhouse! MiL never got a look in! :D

Edited by VAGCF
  • Like 3

Well, all is now sorted with a service reset carried out by Skoda in Swindon yesterday morning, yay!  :D

But...  :dull:

Having filled up the tank about 4 days ago and covering 120 miles of daily commute since, my fuel gauge is now showing as full with 500+ miles range... However, before going to the garage I recall being a couple of notches down with around 400 miles range (I'm paying attention to economy at present). Sooo, is it possible a computer update could affect the fuel gauge? I'd have thought it purely mechanical no? Perhaps I'm jumping the gun and it'll settle down with a little more driving but it's been like that since last night and this morning...

I don't seem to be having much luck with this car!  :clap:

Edited by Jimrod

They didn't fill the tank, as well, for messing you about......did they? :think:

It's possible, the thought had crossed my mind, but as it was a "while you wait" thing that took about 15 mins I'd presume not... I'll give it a few more days before I start to worry too much.  :D  Problem is if it affects the "Range" calculator as well (which is showing 510 miles left) then I'm not going to have a clue how much is in the tank. On the plus side I managed 43mpg on the way to work today which is 3mpg up on my previous best! I have a feeling the uphill stop/start traffic light relay on the way out of Swindon is a crucial factor - if it goes well I make it out on around 24mpg from cold, if not around 18mpg.

0AC716E2-1CC9-42DB-B18A-A11F8E4DABE2_zps

Well, all is now sorted with a service reset carried out by Skoda in Swindon yesterday morning, yay! :D

But... :dull:

Having filled up the tank about 4 days ago and covering 120 miles of daily commute since, my fuel gauge is now showing as full with 500+ miles range... However, before going to the garage I recall being a couple of notches down with around 400 miles range (I'm paying attention to economy at present). Sooo, is it possible a computer update could affect the fuel gauge? I'd have thought it purely mechanical no? Perhaps I'm jumping the gun and it'll settle down with a little more driving but it's been like that since last night and this morning...

I don't seem to be having much luck with this car! :clap:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, don't worry about the fuel gauge. I've had this on & off since I got my Yeti. It seems to happen when the tank is full or nearly full & you park on a slight downhill slope. It seem to sort itself out over the next day or so.

Edited by anderson99
  • Like 1