Fabia 2010, Heater Failed

j3w3ll3r

Morning All

I have a Fabia 2010, 1.6 CR, Elegance, which is fitted with a Climatronic Air con system

Everything lights up however I get no blowing air at all, the hot air eventually comes through after about 30mins/20miles

I have checked the fuse panel (number 39 I think) and the fuse looks intact although I will change it when I find a replacement to be sure

I Have googled the problem and lots of people point to a resistor behind the passenger airbag, but this differs slightly as mine will not work on any setting and most of these threads suggest it should still work on Max

Does anyone have any theories or tips

Many thanks

Stephen

Not a real idea but many systems use more then just one fuse. You get one in the fusebox under the dash near your knees, there could even be an additional one here. Then theres a fusebox on top of your battery. I too, have the climatronic but not had this issue. Do you know if any other item has failed? I.E, rear wiper, any lighting, stereo, anything at all? 

Hi mrgf

Thanks for reply, I will check for other fuses, I have found the one under the steering Wheel by my knees

Nothing else has failed that I can find. On a previous car (Mercedes B200cdi), I had this problem but the wipers failed and also the indicators went a bit wonky and it turned out that a CPU computer affair had gone wrong....£600 repair....

Edited by j3w3ll3r

I think your system won't have the 'simple' resistor pack, but a different version on a finned heatsink, like the first few images on this page; according to this info (item 10) for the electronically controlled AC system

That 6Q2907521A unit may have failed.  Not sure how you might test it though I'm afraid.

Edited by Wino

Definately a bad resistor like this which is very common

$_57.JPG

If it has a resistor pack like that I'd agree, but then the fan would work on full speed wouldn't it? And I don't think it does have that type, being the climatronic system.

• Like 1

Agree.  The climate control system is very different to the standard air con/heater system.  The resistor is prone to failure in the standard system but the OP's problem will be something different.  Can't be more helpful than that though.

Thanks guys, I have been recommended to a mechanic that's very helpful and apparently won't pull my pants down when it comes to price, he will look at it between Xmas and new year, just hope we don't get a frost before then [emoji15]