Hill hold control - Is this hardware or Firmware ?

Another thing that HACKS me off about the VW/AUDI group! Lets get people to pay extra money to switch technology on you already had in your car!!!!! It's like with all the stuff i've switched on on mine like teardrop wipe etc... I guess a VW/Audi dealer would claim thats why the vw/audis are more money as you get extra amazing features like teardrop wipe... so.... yeh i just switched it on on my skoda for free?

• Like 1

Another thing that HACKS me off about the VW/AUDI group! Lets get people to pay extra money to switch technology on you already had in your car!!!!! It's like with all the stuff i've switched on on mine like teardrop wipe etc... I guess a VW/Audi dealer would claim thats why the vw/audis are more money as you get extra amazing features like teardrop wipe... so.... yeh i just switched it on on my skoda for free?

I used to drive a Chrysler 300C Touring and the car was wired to have auto-headlights, there was a sensor at the top of the dash and the hidden menus showed the light that was hitting it. However there was no way to activate it. I found that by cutting a small part of the inside of the headlight knob's plastic allowed the knob to turn slightly more and activate it. Utter madness I agree :)

• 2 weeks later...

Turned it on on my 13 plate S, I imagine if that's capable then they all are. Do you have access to a VCDS cable?

Not the new version, got VCDS lite and old cable for my MK4 Golf GTI 1.8T, so will need to look if anyone is local to me who can do this.

Thanks

My lad replaced his Fabia II a few months back for an Ibiza Toca, which is a mid range standard of spec and it comes with hill hold and corner fog as standard.

So I think its about time SUK caught up with the the other VAG brands and stopped seeing easy factory switch on's, where the tech is built into the car no matter what the spec, as high profit margin options.

TP

Not the new version, got VCDS lite and old cable for my MK4 Golf GTI 1.8T, so will need to look if anyone is local to me who can do this.

Thanks

If you're anywhere near Liverpool I'll happily do it for a drink.

In my notes I've got it down as:

Controller 03(ABS) - Coding 07 - Long code helper - Byte 16 - Bit 0

Credit due to someone else on this site though!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I tried it on our spaceback today and it wont work on a 2014 1.6TDi SE trim, anybody any other ideas ? cheers Stuart

As far as I know this is both a hardware and software issue, you need to have the right ABS pump in order to activate this feature, or so we were told by the salesman.

Would be handy to know exactly which ABS pump your car will have before you fork out the £70.00 Skoda charge to add this as an optional extra.

Whilst browsing through the site I came across this thread in which someone posted a list of ABS pumps that have this capacity, It's from 2013 so hardly recent,  but it may help someone.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/298368-hill-hold-control/?p=3551764

Handy feature to have mind, Daughter's car has it and it's brilliant

HI All, my ECU is a - 6RO 614 517 BD - if that helps anybody

I've just got a 14 SE 1.2 tsi - will be trying it tonight, did the module take the coding?

Both my ABS modules are:

Part No SW: 6R0 614 517 BD    HW: 6R0 614 517 BD
   Component: EBC 460 ESP   H08 0004  

So its the same unit.

• 4 months later...

Hi Tom, no it didnt do anything when I tried it ! how did you go on ?

Sorry buddy - mega late reply missed this at the time. Yeh mine took the coding just fine. One tip I'd say is make sure all doors, boot etc are closed can stop modules taking a coding (can just confirm by going out and back in and see if your settings has stuck. You have to be on a fairly steep incline in gear fully press the break and let go should hold for ~3 seconds

done! thanks :clap:

No worries pal! As I said I'm pretty found it elsewhere on here (I just obsessively record these kinds of things). Done any other tweaks? I've put the dial staging on - doesn't do much but it looks cool.

To be clear...

After coding HHC you can go to adaptation (ABS module)... Then, you can decide how strong you want it... There're three options: early, normal and late.