Rattle from passenger side of dash?

dave hendy

My wife has just got her Citigo back after it was hit whilst she was turning right at a roundabout. Most of the impact was taken by the NSF wheel damaging the bumper and wing as well as the steering and suspension. The repair took 3 weeks and cost £4K! The car is fine now but has gained a loud rattle from the passenger side of the dash/A post area! I guess something has been disturbed? Has anyone got any ideas? I doubt her warranty will cover rattles on a 3 year old car? It is annoying as it was fine beforehand!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes but if you did not have a rattle before the accident it is directly related to the accident damage or something they disturbed whilst repairing.

Nothing to do with warranty it is to do with the repair centre putting the car back as it should be, so this means the repair has not been carried out 100% and you have the right to take it back to the repair centre....Simples :)

To repair the damage you mention you will be surprised what they may have had to access inside the car for removal of panels and possibly jigging the car.

Contact your insurance company and explain the issue they will advise as it could just be secondary damage that no one saw.

Edited by Defenderben

Yes but if you did not have a rattle before the accident it is directly related to the accident damage or something they disturbed whilst repairing.

Nothing to do with warranty it is to do with the repair centre putting the car back as it should be, so this means the repair has not been carried out 100% and you have the right to take it back to the repair centre....Simples :)

To repair the damage you mention you will be surprised what they may have had to access inside the car for removal of panels and possibly jigging the car.

Contact your insurance company and explain the issue they will advise as it could just be secondary damage that no one saw.

Got to take the car back to the body shop on Friday to have a couple of scratches sorted so will speak to them then.

So I take it there are no common rattles from that area?

Nothing normally. But noise from outside travels in easily, so it could eaily be related to something from the repair. I suspect they havent fitted the wheel arches back in properly or it could be a faulty drive gator

As a side note, 3 weeks and 4k of damage doesn't sound like just a scratch, did the airbags go off?

No airbags went off, she was hit at 90 deg to her direction of travel with the road wheel taking most of the impact making the car undrivable.

TBH really surprised they repaired it at £4k of repairs! Trade on that must be around £5k ish so amazed it got fixed.

As Stooz says, no rattles that should be there and as said, if it didn't rattle before, I would not accept a rattle after an accident.

TBH really surprised they repaired it at £4k of repairs! Trade on that must be around £5k ish so amazed it got fixed.

As Stooz says, no rattles that should be there and as said, if it didn't rattle before, I would not accept a rattle after an accident.

It was touch and go, her 75 Elegance was 3 yrs and 1 week old when she has the crash and had gone to 13k miles that day. The insurance company sent someone out to look at it and they then asked the body shop to start stripping it to make sure there wasn't further damage. The only thing we weren't too pleased about was they didn't replace the road wheel it was refurbished!

was it an approved VAG repairer?!! the wheel would almost certainly need replacing unless they xrayed it for internal damage which I doubt.

The repair was done by a Skoda approved body shop and we have had a satisfaction guarantee from Skoda. The wheel was sent away and checked and refurbed at a cost of £120.

Rattle has been sorted by the Bodyshop, apparently they hadn't fitted some bit of foam at the top of the wing? It is fine now and the scratches have been done as well. Wife is happy to have her heated seats back but she did enjoy the new Toyota Aygo hire car she had for 3 weeks!

• Like 1

I was going to say... swmbo's 'go ended up in dealers due to a dash rattle that turned out to be a retainer clip that had cracked and fallen down the back. No reason really other than it broke, over tightened in factory maybe.

either way, given your description of the impact it couldve caused the same thing.

Clearly not though! Sound absorbing foam is important when there isnt much of it to begin with!

Glad its sorted though

Edited by mac11irl