Best H1 Fog light bulb

Hi all,

I am wanting to change my Fog lights to LED ones but unsure which to go for.  I need the H1 fitting as I found out today after getting some H11 ones GRRRRRR.

Has anyone changed there's? I am wanting ones that will actually turn off and not stay on dim and also hopefully ones that won't bring up codes.

Reason for the change is I have LED side lights and also 6k xenon so wanting the match.

All views and comments welcome on this and also pictures of other VRS's with different colour fogs for comparison :-)

Many thanks

Tom.

Edited by Tom1984

I am awaiting a answer to this also.

Seems most of the LED canbus bulbs which u will need need to stop codes coming up are all too fat to fit in the hole for the bulb

We need to find some bulbs that are no fatter/wider then the normal bulb :-/

Hi, I tried some (LED) on my other car but they 'Flashed' a very slow flash. I have now added Super White H7 bulbs.

I believe the Skoda ones are H11?

Just fitting some LED DRL's to the Skoda and have looked at the Fog light and it looks a Pig to remove.

Cheers

Russ

Edited by vfrvrs

These are the DRL's, you can't really see the Tie Wraps unless you look hard.

Not yet fully wired up, waiting for a Piggy Back Fuse.

post-135858-0-76658600-1450467740_thumb.jpg

I purchased these bits

2PCS Waterproof Daytime Running Light 8 LED Car DRL Lamp Super Bright White 12V

DRL Daytime Running Light Relay Harness Auto Car Control On/Off Switch 12V New

Genuine AMP/Tyco/TE 2 Way Superseal Electrical Waterproof Connector kit

2x 12/24V Add A Circuit Standard Blade Fuse Boxes Holder ATO ATC Piggy Back Tap

All from Ebay

Just waiting for the Piggy Back Fuse so I can plug it all in.

I made some 'Stealth' DRL's for my other Car, the picture shows a Cardboard Mock-up with individual LED's, these are then covered by a Grill. 

The Cardboard is now Stainless Steel Fabricated to suit. 

post-135858-0-57062300-1450475654_thumb.jpg

post-135858-0-75220600-1450475792_thumb.jpg

post-135858-0-08073800-1450476240_thumb.jpg

Edited by vfrvrs

you dont actually need fogs with the oem xenons. Ive never needed to use my fogs as the xenons cut through the fog nicely.

Colour wise, its better to get low temp bulbs, white will just reflect off the fog

Its been mentioned before that they could cause issue with certain controllers, same as fitting hid's to the main beam.

To stop led's from flashing you can turn off the start up check it does for low resistsance. Still tells you if a bulb is out tho somehow

These are the DRL's, you can't really see the Tie Wraps unless you look hard.

Not yet fully wired up, waiting for a Piggy Back Fuse.

Where are you wiring these to??? if they are going to be DRL's then won't your fog lights be on too?

They are wire to a fuse when the Ignition is live using the Piggy Back Fuse. The DRL Unit then has a wire to the side lamp which will then Dim the DRL's when the Lights are on.

Nothing to do with the Fogs.

I want to know about this also. I thought they were h1/h8. I have osram night breakers in there ATM. They look yellow compared to the xenon s and the led side lights I have. Does any know if I can add fogs to come on with full beam with vcds ? Pre fl.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have Osram Night Breakers as High Beam but seem to have a dark spot in the middle. I have xenon standard dipped beam. Also cheap superwhite Fogs, the beam of the fogs is no better just whiter. Led side lights match the xenon.