Rear speaker size

Nathloopy

OK I have done a search loads of info on front speaker which are 16.5cm in size plus adapters.

But what size are the rears wanting to replace all due to standard are crap lol

Since chargeing to jvc head unit any help would be grate thanks

Ps if I have the front size wrong plz correct me lol

Just installed Pioneer TS-G1032i (10cm=~4") on sides of parcel shelve = original place for my Fabia.

Nothing super-puper (speakers are quite simple and smallbut, at least, rear passengers hears something now :-)

Till that have had no rear speakers at all (wasn't installed from factory).

Should take in mind height of tweeter above speaker (max 10-12mm)- or it will push against grille.

I recently posted a similar thread, requiring information for replacement speakers in my son's 2006 Fabia vRS, with a view to getting him a pair for Christmas;

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/380910-rear-speaker-size-2006-vrs/

I managed to sneak a quick peek at the speakers when he visited us a couple of weeks before Christmas and established that they were indeed 4" in size and bought a pair of Fli speakers from Halfrauds.

We attempted to fit them on Boxing Day, but found that the tweeters projected too far from the front of the speaker chassis to allow them to fit correctly, so we visited Halfrauds again and collected a pair of these;

http://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/car-speakers/vibe-slick-4-v5-co-axial-car-speakers

They fitted with no issues and sound excellent, especially considering the size and price.  My son was very pleased with them and is now threatening to replace the speakers in the front doors with a pair of appropriately sized speakers from the same range.

The only problem that you may encounter when fitting is removing the plugs that connect to the OEM speakers and wiring them to spade connectors.  Necessary wiring is included with the speakers and it is a simple matter to cut the plugs off and solder the new wires to the existing.

The job only took us about 40 minutes when we had figured out how to loosen the rear shelf sections to make fitting easier.

Edited by Mouldy
  • Like 1

Personally I wouldn't bother the rear speakers are not worth replacing, it messes up the soundstage in the front and the rears will distort before the front causing the sound quality to drop massively.

Get the best quality front speakers you can, make sure they installed right, amplify them and you will not need rear speakers.

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't bother the rear speakers are not worth replacing, it messes up the soundstage in the front and the rears will distort before the front causing the sound quality to drop massively.

Get the best quality front speakers you can, make sure they installed right, amplify them and you will not need rear speakers.

This ^^ rears tend to dirty the sound

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk