My Mk1 VRS

02VRS

Thought I'd be better introduce meself here, had posted in Hello section but got lost in deluge of new posts. I'm a VW man through and through, had Bug, Polo, Scirocco, Golf gti/tdi but had always fancied a VRS and finally gave in recently. Mate found me this one, just 66k on the clock and really clean. Few wee teething issues as usual but thanks to help from lads on here getting them sorted.

VRS11_zpshl5oruwz.jpg

vrs21_zpskcj4dw6v.jpg

Waiting for the better weather to give it a proper going over, so far not done much more than wash it. Loving the power and space. Not many Mk1 VRS over here in Belfast so it really stands out  :D

Hello matey! :hi:

It's a shame that not more peeps on here have replied to your thread - then again, I guess most are getting ready for Xmas.

Don't let the lack of response put you off - we're a close, friendly bunch here on the Mk. 1 sub, especially Vrs owners. There's not many left now, so we do everything we can to help each other, enthuse each other, and keep these cars on the road running sweetly.

Mine is a 15 year-old black Vrs with 160,000 miles on her now. Stage one remap, Forge D/V, PiperX filter, stainless pipe. Not one of the most mad cars on here by a long stretch, but still pretty rapid, puts a smile on my face even after 5 years of ownership, and can pull up her skirt and shame newer stuff even now when the situation demands it! Strange thing is, I've been lucky enough to have had some lovely cars over the years, including 911's, and yet my love for this almost worthless old girl is far beyond anything I've had for any other car I've owned. Weird really, but for some reason, these series 1 RS's really get under your skin? Dunno why!

I have to say, it looks like you've really scored with your purchase there - seems a lovely, low mileage example. Despite mine being black, I secretly love the red ones, and suspect that they're the fastest of all, lol! Don't tell anyone though!

I hope you enjoy your new car, and become a regular poster on here. You'll undoubtedly get issues with the car - they all have the same annoying faults and niggles at some point, but this forum has a wealth of help and resources to assist you through the most common ones - plus a bunch of helpful people too. Don't let any faults which occur put you off - they all do that at some point, you've just got to roll with it and get it sorted. Never be afraid to ask us on here about anything.

That said, they're GENERALLY pretty well-behaved and reliable, and I've not had a fault serious enough in mine to have left me stranded - the only one which might bugger you up is a failed coilpack, which is a common issue. I would suggest asking your local Skoda main dealer about the coilpack recall - not sure if they are doing that in N.I. - if not, then I would recommend buying 4 new ones and swapping them, or at least getting a spare and carrying it with you plus a few tools to be able to change one if one fails.

Enjoy your car, and don't be a stranger. Finally - we REALLY love pictures, so once she's all polished up, do post some more!

Welcome and enjoy.

• Administrators

Ray is spot on. I'm still new and haven't met anyone on here yet but I will once the summer is here.

There isn't many vRS's at all. I currently have an 02 which I got this year, was on 65,000 miles and 1 owner from new!

Welcome aboard, we must stick together as Ray said; there isn't many left.

Cheers for the welcome folks  :beer:  :beer: I really wanted a red one too, haven't had a red car in a while and think they definately do go faster lol I'm liking it alot so far, takes me a while getting used to a new motor and tend to keep them for a long time, just sold my lovely wee scirocco I had for 9years to buy this as needed something more practical with kids and this has to be the ultimate mix of practical and quick!

Hopefully get better pics when weather improves and can give it a good valet, in the meantime here's a few of my previous motors

Best car ever, 1991 scala 1.8i, broke my heart to sell this a few months ago to buy the VRS. Was really clean and well looked after, went like stink.

roco14_zps2de76fa2.jpg

This was lovely

002-4.jpg

Was replaced with  this MK4 TDi when the Mrs passed her test, couldn't get a GT TDi, but this wee beast proved unbreakable over past 4years

Mk41.jpg

This is in the family since 1993, I drove since passed my test in 96. Been of the road a few years in my driveway looking sorry for itself   :sweat: gt11.jpg

Plan to do something with it, but it's going to need a full paint job etc, really not worth doing but sentimental value