New Octavia VRS ordered, any things to look out for?

Hi guys,

I have recently ordered my new 2015 Octavia vrs in gun metal grey with the black plus kit.

I am just wondering how many people have had problems with the same car or any guidance for what to look out for.

I hope I have made the right decision to buy this car.

I have read a small amount of forums with people complaining about paint work mainly.

Thanks in advance

Check the bodywork for any paint defects.

Ensure the transport chocks have been removed as some dealerships have a penchant for leaving some/all of them in at PDI.

Perhaps ask them to ensure the coolant and oil levels are bang on.

Generally they are pretty good but like with any mass produced car you can get a few niggly early life issues...particularly if its a Friday afternoon car. You'll not become aware of these things until you drive it though.

• Like 1

Check the bodywork for any paint defects.

Ensure the transport chocks have been removed as some dealerships have a penchant for leaving some/all of them in at PDI.

Perhaps ask them to ensure the coolant and oil levels are bang on.

Generally they are pretty good but like with any mass produced car you can get a few niggly early life issues...particularly if its a Friday afternoon car. You'll not become aware of these things until you drive it though.

thanks for the reply.

my main worry is, the first week in January, most of the lads building the car will still be hung over from Christmas.

I could end up with a right pile of crap.

Also its the dsg version. so hopefully no problems there!

I have read a few bad reports about the DSG box  as well.

if I have problems and I take it back under warranty, do the garage have to supply courtesy cars?

Thanks

thanks for the reply.

my main worry is, the first week in January, most of the lads building the car will still be hung over from Christmas.

I could end up with a right pile of crap.

Also its the dsg version. so hopefully no problems there!

I have read a few bad reports about the DSG box as well.

if I have problems and I take it back under warranty, do the garage have to supply courtesy cars?

Thanks

I shouldnt worry about it, all v much luck of the draw Im afraid.

I have a 2014 Octavia 150 TDI Elegance estate....after 29k relatively hard miles bar a faulty boot bulb and a wearing leather gearknob (the leather is s×÷€e...well its not really leather but you know what I mean :-)) its been good as gold. Hopefully yours will be the same.

I also have a few month old Mk7 GTD Golf and thats been back twice for a reasonable amount of niggly warranty work......

A dealer will supply a courtesy/loan car if needs be....if the car needs to be with them longer term for whatever reason get Skoda UK involved and they'll almost certainly get you a rental...usually a VAG car to same or better spec.

Edited by pipsypreturns

I shouldnt worry about it, all v much luck of the draw Im afraid.

I have a 2014 Octavia 150 TDI Elegance estate....after 29k relatively hard miles bar a faulty boot bulb and a wearing leather gearknob (the leather is s×÷€e...well its not really leather but you know what I mean :-)) its been good as gold. Hopefully yours will be the same.

I also have a few month old Mk7 GTD Golf and thats been back twice for a reasonable amount of niggly warranty work......

A dealer will supply a courtesy/loan car if needs be....if the car needs to be with them longer term for whatever reason get Skoda UK involved and they'll almost certainly get you a rental...usually a VAG car to same or better spec.

that's ok then.

its a lot of money for a problem car.

as long as the main items like engine, gearbox are good I don't mind a few trips to sort out a few niggley problems.

thanks again

that's ok then.

its a lot of money for a problem car.

as long as the main items like engine, gearbox are good I don't mind a few trips to sort out a few niggley problems.

thanks again

It can happen with any car to be fair.

My Dad used to have an E92 BMW 335d M Sport whose 19" alloys kept cracking.

I also know someone who gave up on a 1 year old XF Portfolio 2.2D not too long ago as it was riddled with issues that Jag couldnt fix.

As I said before luck of the draw. On the whole most mainstream VAG group stuff is well made and not likely to cause trouble.....my only real worry with the MQB platform is that it has some seriously complex electrics and Im not sure Id want to own one outside of warranty but thats about it.

I recently found out that they don't. My local Skoda garage in Peterborough had the cheek to want £15 for the insurance to take their courtesy car whilst they investigated a niggle with my 'less than 2 month old' car. It is only £15 but it was the principle of the whole thing. Certainly was less impressed with my Skoda experience after that annoyance.

Some dealers want you to pay insurance cover on loan cars, some don't. Mine doesn't, YET. Guess it depends on their cover and if a customer has pranged a car in the past.So can't really blame them.

Hi guys,

I have recently ordered my new 2015 Octavia vrs in gun metal grey with the black plus kit.

I am just wondering how many people have had problems with the same car or any guidance for what to look out for.

I hope I have made the right decision to buy this car.

I have read a small amount of forums with people complaining about paint work mainly.

Thanks in advance

I wouldn't get hung up on worrying, especially if you've got 6 weeks or so to wait, you'll be a nervous wreck!

Give the car a good once over when you collect it, drive it, ENJOY it, and "if" any niggles appear get on to the supplying dealer.

That's one reason we buy new cars, 3 years peace of mind should anything go wrong.

No offence but as a newby you may find quite a lot of negativity in a few threads, yes they do have their problems but no more than most car manufactures (a lot better than a lot of premium marks!).

There is a couple of threads about how good people have found their Octavia (particularly the VRS in both diesel and petrol).

I for one have found my VRS fantastic at pretty much everything I want from it, quiet, comfy, roomy, go's well, good on fuel etc etc.

I did have one small niggle, the sunroof started to creak after about four months, the dealer had it in within 4 days, collected it from my home, rectified the fault and returned it fully valeted (however I understand that not all dealers are as accommodating!).