Latest Infotainment version Bolero

I'm curious, I purchased a MY15.5 Octavia, alas it's got the MIB1 Bolero with the smaller screen and no smartlink (part number 5E0035840A). Is the SW update everyone is asking for not a "regular update? Does it contain something the version I have (0435) does not? I've vainly searched the internet to discover more. 

I'd also be appreciative of @Aki78's assistance :)

Hi aki78 you are very popular, could you pm the Bolero update. Thanks

Am I reading this correctly , is there an upgrade for the bolero I have one in my 2012 superb and would be interested to know

Thanx

I'm curious, I purchased a MY15.5 Octavia, alas it's got the MIB1 Bolero with the smaller screen and no smartlink (part number 5E0035840A). Is the SW update everyone is asking for not a "regular update? Does it contain something the version I have (0435) does not? I've vainly searched the internet to discover more.

I'd also be appreciative of @Aki78's assistance :)

It is a " regular " update of unknown source.

It does not add any features or extra functionalities, on the contrary, it loses the Bluetooth icon when the phone is paired (near the signal and battery strength).

You need VCDS or OBDelevel after the update or there will be errors logged in the car, although everything is fully functional.

Some report an increase of the interface speed, but personally I don't see much difference.

I think if you have the rear camera you get a new UI/layout.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please excuse the mottled/speckled appearance of the screen.

Aki kindly emailed the 0475 link which I thank him for and then downloaded. But thought I'd give the dealer a try again as the car is under warranty and I don't want to give them any reason for a future claim cop out. The update was done yesterday FOC after I noted all the small problems I had found with the unit MIB1 in a letter.

The update is 0490, I haven't played with it yet but thought I'd post it here so you know the 0490 its available and works on Skoda as well as SEAT.

post-122273-0-59539600-1478685905_thumb.jpg

The update was done yesterday FOC after I noted all the small problems I had found with the unit MIB1 in a letter.

The update is 0490, I haven't played with it yet but thought I'd post it here so you know the 0490 its available and works on Skoda as well as SEAT.

Any chance you could share your list of problems please?

My first service is due on 22nd November and I'd like to get the dealer to do the 0490 update to my MIB1 Amundsen too.

My only issue with 0475 (also had with 0435 and 0465):

- random input selecting

- memory card error message

- source not available message

Only happens when I start the car, once or twice a week.

Ajw1100: did you have such problems and did the new FW solved it.

Somebody pleeease try and get hold of the new FW...

I tried multiple sources (including a friend of my friend who works for a dealer) with no luck. :swear:

Hi Aki78. I jumped from 0435 to 0490 so did not get to try 0475 (Thanks for the link though) I thought the dealer would update to 0475 not 0490.

Not sure what you mean by:

'random input selecting'

But-

I do not use a memory card other than the mapping. I assume you mean for music?

I often received 'source not available' message on media, relating to my USB stick, this needed to be removed and replaced in order for the Amundsen to see it. Then of course all my play settings were lost which was a real pain.

I have only driven it a few miles since the update so too early to tell if my problems have gone, although the dealer did say they could not guarantee the update would correct any of the problems! Not much confidence there then!!

Hi Aki78. I jumped from 0435 to 0490 so did not get to try 0475 (Thanks for the link though) I thought the dealer would update to 0475 not 0490.

Not sure what you mean by:

'random input selecting'

But-

I do not use a memory card other than the mapping. I assume you mean for music?

I often received 'source not available' message on media, relating to my USB stick, this needed to be removed and replaced in order for the Amundsen to see it. Then of course all my play settings were lost which was a real pain.

I have only driven it a few miles since the update so too early to tell if my problems have gone, although the dealer did say they could not guarantee the update would correct any of the problems! Not much confidence there then!!

My only issue with 0475 (also had with 0435 and 0465):

- random input selecting

- memory card error message

- source not available message

Only happens when I start the car, once or twice a week.

Ajw1100: did you have such problems and did the new FW solved it.

Somebody pleeease try and get hold of the new FW...

I tried multiple sources (including a friend of my friend who works for a dealer) with no luck. :swear:

If the Russian forum guys cannot, I doubt anyone else can ;)

If the Russian forum guys cannot, I doubt anyone else can ;)

Some of them have it just don't want to share it. :thumbdown:

The same on a german forum.

Hope never dies. :D