Remapping

Any one had there octivia's remapped? Both of mine are the non vrs 2liter diesels and have bkd engines.
Did any one notice any differences at all in the handleing of the car after the remap?

Cheers! :) Im open minded on what I do to both cars.

Any one used evolution remapping at all?

Edited by Stuart-h

Give Blacksmoke a go.

£45 for a DIY remap.

All you need is an MPS cable, £10 of eBay and a laptop.

20 minutes and you're good to go... with a big grin.

Give Blacksmoke a go.

£45 for a DIY remap.

£45 for a remap?.......,,I'd have every confidence in that

£45 for a remap?.......,,I'd have every confidence in that

I ran one on my 2001 golf GT TDI 130 from 110k onwards - it totally changed the car.

I would recommend it (along with a new clutch to cope with the torque)

• 3 weeks later...

I have remapped mine BMM 103kW 2.0TDi (8V, yours is 16V BMM/BKD...same engine, different head)

remap fills the void in middle revs. it is more wild but this engine need high revs...it is lazy at low revs...it becomes beast at 2500+rpm especially with remap. My car has got around 190HP...no idea how much exaclty because I did it myself

For someone who clearly knows so very much, you have got that very wrong -- the 16V engine is BKD only -- you can't get a 16V BMM  :p

my bad english...i tried to explain that BMM/BKD is same engine block just different head

Edited by sniper29a

Give Blacksmoke a go.

£45 for a DIY remap.

+1 for Andrew at Blacksmoke. I have used him for 10+ cars for friends and family. Brilliant. In comparison to paying £450 for a 'proper' remap myself which was a pile of poo.....

• 1 month later...

I'd be interested to know what you think of the remap on your 1.6 when complete. I am considering having mine done. Where are you taking yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, mine's a Shark stage 1 through STS.. So easy to do, and easy to put back to standard if/when needed.

Could be very useful for anything subject to the VW emissions recall -- if the car isn't put back to standard before the recall work is done, then map will be lost when the new dealer software is put on. At least with the STS the custom map you buy can be restored once the car is done.

Mike

I wouldn't be so sure.

If dealer upgrade ECU, it is usually with new SW version. Bosch strategy is to completely screw up addresses of maps. In other words, addresses of maps vary in different SW versions of ECU.

I'd be interested to know what you think of the remap on your 1.6 when complete. I am considering having mine done. Where are you taking yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took mine on the weekend, Not sure how you feel yours lets you down but it is definitely better for me now, Mine always felt lazy at low revs and now feels more responsive, as for the higher revs it is noticeably quicker for sure, Fuel economy... ive not been anywhere to gain a good indication as yet but will keep you posted but its certainly no worse.