Realistic time frame ?

Was this January 2015? Or did you mean December 2015? :o)

I ordered mine in mid December and due to the delays in some of the extras I have specified apparently this means I won't get my car until June 2016 although this could be 2017 you never know. I have been thinking about maybe going for an A6 instead. Although this would be substancily more cash to get anywhere near the same spec

Was this January 2015? Or did you mean December 2015? :o)

I ordered mine in mid December and due to the delays in some of the extras I have specified apparently this means I won't get my car until June 2016 although this could be 2017 you never know. I have been thinking about maybe going for an A6 instead. Although this would be substancily more cash to get anywhere near the same spec

That's a serious delay - over 6 months!  Out of interest, what extras are causing the delays?

That's a serious delay - over 6 months! Out of interest, what extras are causing the delays?

Well I'm not quite sure. When I spoke to the dealer just before Christmas he mentioned that it was the sun roof that was causing the delay although I have ordered many optional extras so could be any one of them for a L&K.

Have spoke to them this afternoon and they have said that the order has been confirmed by the factory but there is currently no build date. Not sure if this is a confirmed or unconfirmed date. Apparently the car is sitting at status 0.

The May / June delivery was the estimate I received when placing the order. Looks like my wife will get her A3 e-tron before me and that was only ordered on Saturday. Not sure I can wait that long...

Well I'm not quite sure. When I spoke to the dealer just before Christmas he mentioned that it was the sun roof that was causing the delay although I have ordered many optional extras so could be any one of them for a L&K.

Have spoke to them this afternoon and they have said that the order has been confirmed by the factory but there is currently no build date. Not sure if this is a confirmed or unconfirmed date. Apparently the car is sitting at status 0.

The May / June delivery was the estimate I received when placing the order. Looks like my wife will get her A3 e-tron before me and that was only ordered on Saturday. Not sure I can wait that long...

Beige leather? I know that's causing delays.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ordered my car on Wednesday December 30th. The dealership just emailed me with build week 6, meaning it'll be with me at the start of March.

It seems rather chaotic, but there must be some sort of logic to the production order. Think of the variables: Model/spec (country specific), Hatch/Estate, 2WD/4WD, Petrol/Diesel, Manual/DSG, External/internal colour, Alloy wheel size/type, LHD/RHD and of course, the large assortment of factory options. There has to be some sort of batching based on at least some of these variables. The build week will of course reflect this. 

I'd like to know what the variables for production runs actually are, anyone know? 

Also, (slightly OT) does anyone know the model/chassis code for the Mk3? The Mk2 is of course a 3T but I can't find the Mk3's designation!

VCDS will probably say what it is, but I'm not in the car at the moment.....

I ordered my car on Wednesday December 30th. The dealership just emailed me with build week 6, meaning it'll be with me at the start of March.

I ordered mine the day before but have a build week 13, it just seems to be a lottery as to when they are to built!

I ordered mine the day before but have a build week 13, it just seems to be a lottery as to when they are to built!

What's the spec of your car? 

I ordered the last week of December too and I'm build week 09. It depends on your options, engine and colour etc as the factory works in 'runs'. That's what my dealer told me anyway.

Skoda uk say and a lot of other manufactures don't do runs the operate just in time manufacturing.

SE Buisness estate in Quartz grey and only one option of heated front seats, what's yours?

Petrol blue CR190 DSG L&K estate with options. I thought mine would be a fairly long lead time to be honest.

If Skoda operate a 'Just in time' manufacturing system, what's with the big disparity in lead times for cars ordered at roughly the same time I wonder? Maybe it's availability (or lack thereof) of specific parts?

• Like 1

Had an email,from dealer this evening mines gone back to week 7, so really don't know what to do now replied to dealer saying don't know what I am going to do,must reply was I understand if you wish to cancel let me know and I will refund your deposit,mnotbwhatbi expevtec as a reply.

No dealer gives a monkies if you cancel because they know they can shift it in no time. I got the same so what?response from my dealer.

Not true.

I wish I got that response!

I cancelled my order back in November (its due to be built (unconfirmed) in week 5) but I'm being made to wait until its built, delivered and sold before they tell me how much I have to pay them if they make a loss.

Downside to ordering with a PCP I suppose.

• Like 1

Not true.

I wish I got that response!

I cancelled my order back in November (its due to be built (unconfirmed) in week 5) but I'm being made to wait until its built, delivered and sold before they tell me how much I have to pay them if they make a loss.

Downside to ordering with a PCP I suppose.

Can someone PLEASE explain why this is? You order the car, the manufacturer screws you about, the lead time that the dealer gives you proves to be totally wrong and indeed unacceptable, it's not going to be built for weeks, The only disappointed party to the deal is the customer, nobody has lost any money and it seems to me that the only party breaking the (verbal) contract ("Honest guv, 16 weeks give us your deposit to delivery") is the dealer, as the representative of the supplier.  In plain English please, so that its understandable by a moron (me), why is this going to cost mandp a penny.  Surely the problem for the PCP company is with the party breaking the verbal contract?  By the way having failed to live up to the verbal contract and probably knowing when the order was placed that the delivery times quoted were totally unrealistic is there not a matter of fraud or at least false pretenses here?  Read through the forums on here to see the fantastic number of purchasers that this practice has affected.

Can someone PLEASE explain why this is? You order the car, the manufacturer screws you about, the lead time that the dealer gives you proves to be totally wrong and indeed unacceptable, it's not going to be built for weeks, The only disappointed party to the deal is the customer, nobody has lost any money and it seems to me that the only party breaking the (verbal) contract ("Honest guv, 16 weeks give us your deposit to delivery") is the dealer, as the representative of the supplier.  In plain English please, so that its understandable by a moron (me), why is this going to cost mandp a penny.  Surely the problem for the PCP company is with the party breaking the verbal contract?  By the way having failed to live up to the verbal contract and probably knowing when the order was placed that the delivery times quoted were totally unrealistic is there not a matter of fraud or at least false pretenses here?  Read through the forums on here to see the fantastic number of purchasers that this practice has affected.

Let me try...

I ordered at the beginning of October last year. A 2.0 Tsi 220 DSG in SEL Exec spec. I added just over £3000.00 of optional extras.

I signed the order form on Oct 6th.

Being as its a Petrol car I could not test drive one because these days dealers don't have petrol demonstrators. I ordered knowing that if the car arrived and after driving it, I didn't like it I would be `liable` until it was sold to someone else.

All was okay until the end of November when my financial situation changed and I could no longer afford a new car.

I explained the situation to the dealer and informed him that I needed to cancel my order. I asked that my £1,500.00 deposit be returned to me (less any `admin` fee that was appropriate). I expected that would be in order as the car was not yet built.

The reply was that the system is that the car would be built no matter what.

Being as the car will be built with so many extras and the new buyer would unlikely choose those extras they would probably have to sell the car at the basic level...thereby effectively giving the extras for free.

It will then be down to me to make up for any financial loss by the dealership.

To be fair to them they have been in touch with the factory to try to get the extras removed from the order before the car is built but they cant get a sensibly reply from them.

(The car would be easier to sell without the extras)

I've asked when they WILL know and they say probably not until the car actually arrives at the dealership!

So, I have to wait until then (probably end of February) until I know whether the car comes with or without the extras and then until its sold...before I know my financial loss.

Oh, one other thing, for taking my name off the order form at the factory, the dealership has had to pay £500.00 as a penalty to discourage dealerships form ordering cars for stock...the factory cant keep up with the orders...as well all already know.

Guess who has to pay that above anything else?...yeah little ole me!

Let me try...

Guess who has to pay that above anything else?...yeah little ole me!

Sounds like utter balls to me mate. Yes, I can see how it should be a non refundable deposit because you put in an order with loads of extras... But that should be all.

Look into what you've signed on the order form. Unless you've explicitly signed any wording that states you would compensate the dealer for their loss (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) then you should simply lose your deposit and that's it. You are under no commitment whatsoever to even start paying the finance on the PCP until you've signed the paperwork that gets originated just before collection... And EVEN THEN you have a 14 day window where you can simply not go ahead with the finance if you don't want for any reason without explaining it to your dealer!

Honestly, you're being told lies by a very shady sounding dealer. You've lost £1500 maximum. Nothing more. "£500 penalty" and all this other nonsense is unbelievable... So please read through what you signed on the order form. My SEL Exec for example with £k's of extras has a specific note on my order form saying "Non refundable deposit for custom order" within the list of my extras with a value of £0. This one page document has my signature on it and no mention whatsoever of me reimbursing the dealership for any loss should I decide not to purchase the car once it is made and passed onto my dealer. Unless you've signed anything else, that should be the only enforceable document in your position since October.

Edited by Dilz
  • Like 2