Skoda Fabia MK2 1.2 HTP BCM failure

Hi ,

Recently my Skoda Fabia 1.2 HTP  got water logged in heavy rain. After general service and cleaning all electrical connectors and relay now car starts and run as usual. power steering, instrument cluster,radiator fan, AC, and head lamps, tail lamps are functional.

However interior lights, flasher(indicators), brake lights, horn, wiper, trunk door switch are not working. After complete inspection I found BCM got partially immersed in water and PCB corroded and beyond repair.

Kindly suggest me suitable or upgradable BCM model number. factory fitted with BCM PQ25 6RU937084A  HH46 S0230

Skoda fabia BCM PQ25

Skoda fabia BCM PQ25 1

Skoda fabia BCM PQ25 internal

Thanks

Vijay Daniel

• Like 1

Hi fabiamk2SE,

New BCM  6Q0937049F Z0R available here in India fro INR 10,466.00 ( apprx $156 ) (@ authorised service centre)

I need experts help in choosing the right model so that i can  fix the issue as well get addition features (upgrade)

Edited by vijaymeyou

Without knowing this, I would have thought that VAG could either supply a correctly coded BCM for your car, or supply the correct model without any coding.  There is a guy on the "uk-polo.net" forum that delights in fitting BCM from other cars in a bid to expand the availability of options - along with corresponding wiring changes!  Ciclo is his forum name and he lives in Spain.

I suppose this sort of thing is another reason why everyone that has VCDS should get going and get a copy of the current maps of all their cars controllers - so far I've eventually got round to buying an external drive to store all this in and have mapped the BCM of wife's new Polo, I need to do more - and soon!

You can get vehicle current flow diagrams via erWin, for a small fee. They include pinouts for the external connections of all modules and often some minimal indications about what these connections are going into inside e.g. a relay. Deeper info than that, I would be surprised to see public availability for, except where DIY'ers have reverse-engineered bits that they've taken apart. 

Any BCM bought from a dealer would need SVM coding online with Skoda.

@ Wino Thanks....i got the BCM and wring loom pinouts from another forum. the details are sufficient for tracing the current flow.

@ Tech1e..  i thought it can be done through VCDS by changing the factory mode to disable. kindly correct me if I am wrong.

I'll rephrase what I said. When buying a BCM from Skoda it will not be coded correctly for your car. The long coding will have to be programmed as will the key remotes. If you wish to trawl through with VCDS and set up a new control unit it is possible, but quite tricky.

Some have had success in cleaning corroded ecus with pcb cleaner and a soft toothbrush. I dont think they were as bad as your's though.

Hi Cosmic, i tried clean the PCB with acetone.. unfortunately few tracks and chip pins got already corroded due to water log. more over the the PCB is dual layer where layers connecting plated through-holes could have also corroded..

Skoda fabia BCM PQ25 internal

BCMpq25-1

chip corroded

Between i got one new BCM from spares dealer for $150 BCM PQ-25  6RU937086H( upgraded one compare to my factory fitted 6RU937084A).

IMAG0782

Hope i need to un-check Airbag and ABS under CAN gateway installation list. air-bag and ABS warning on instrument cluster(my Fabia doesn't have ABS and air-bag fitted).

will update you once figure the options. 

Edited by vijaymeyou