Low speed rear suspension noise vrs

Hi all.

I have had my vrs hatch diesel for 6 months now. Enjoying the power and refinement after owing 2 yeti's. 1 thing that niggles is at low speeds 30-50 mph you can hear a noise from the rear suspension which to me sounds like anti roll bar. If the road surface has slight bumps to it it sounds like a tapping noise from the rear sounding worse if the boot is empty.

The car has done 6000 miles and is ok on big bumps. I know the suspension is hard on these models. The car handles spot on when pushing on in country lanes.

Had the car up on a ramp looked at shocks for transport blocks and anti roll bar bushes.

It does seem to be getting worse

Any thoughts

It does have 19" extremes on which doesn't help.

I had a 'hollow knocking' noise from rear of mine, at various speeds.

Rear shocks were replaced about 6000 miles ago and seems o.k. so far (there were some posts at the time about a similar issue with mk7 golfs, which required new/modified rear shock absorbers fitting).

I had my rear shocks replaced at 8000kms. Quite a noticeable knocking noise from the rear. No issues since replacement but yes the car has noisy suspension

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

I signed into erwin yesterday and found that my Octavia Scout has a TSB current for a "hollow knocking noise from rear suspension". Can't remember the TSB number, but it is for replacement rear shocks.

That sounds similar.

You would think the spare wheel is loose.

Very hard to make it do it when you try and show someone.

How old is yours, how many miles now.

22 months old, done about 32k miles.

Originally I played about with the spare wheel, parcel shelf, rear seat catches, rear door catches, looked at exhaust clamps and rear suspension - but noise was still there.

Eventually I saw the mk7 golf threads and mentioned it to my dealer, who then fitted new rear shocks. They were on order for about 3 months, so guessing VW group have a few cars to do.

Double check theres nothing loose in any of the boot nooks and crannies, a workmate a few years ago had his car into the garage for an irritating knocking noise for them to fish out an errant golf ball lol! :D