Rear number plate

Good morning :)

So, I arrived at work this morning and when I closed the boot, the number plate fell on my feet!

Has anyone else experienced this?

It appears that it was just stuck on using sticky foam pads?

Do you think I could stick it back on using any foam pads from the shops or does it need to be a special strong one?

I don't want it to fall off again when I am driving because that will be a pain obtaining a replacement and expensive too!

Do you think it would be covered by the warranty?  I could just take it to the dealers at the weekend?

Thanks for your help!

Give the surfaces a good clean before resticking the number plate and it should be fine - much better than drilling through all the rust protection to put in screws or rivets anyway. The sticky pads listed on this link are definitely up to the job (I've used them on a trailer), but other foam pads are likely to work just as well: http://www.eireplates.com/accessoryproducts.asp 

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice,

I found some locally in Halfords which I have been able to stick it back on with. I am not sure how long it will last for as the instructions required all surfaces to be cleaned thoroughly and to be applied in temperatures above 10deg. neither of which I can achieve today, but at least it will get me going for now!

What I did notice when sticking it back on was the boot lid (hatchback) had two holes with plastic inserts, obviously intended for screw mounting number plates.

If it becomes loose again I will look into drilling the plate and fixing with screws.

If it has the thread holes already I would measure up the plate and make sure the holes will be in a sensible place IE not half on a letter and half on the background. If they will be ok I would fit it on with the plastic threaded screws of the correct colour to match, then at least you won't have to worry about it falling off again.

Mine are screwed on the estate

Edited by SuperbTWM

If it has the thread holes already I would measure up the plate and make sure the holes will be in a sensible place IE not half on a letter and half on the background. If they will be ok I would fit it on with the plastic threaded screws of the correct colour to match, then at least you won't have to worry about it falling off again.

Mine are screwed on the estate

I'd stay with the stickers!