Carista App.

Not so, but it is what I was expecting, I can guarantee that if using it with the Carista dongle and an iphone, you will be using Bluetooth.

That's only correct for the official Carista dongle though isn't it, the generic OBD dongles use wifi don't they?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got my elm327 wifi adaptor today. Just turn on ignition without starting engine. Plug in. Connect to wifi. Then open the app and connect.

Activated and deactivated the things I wanted. Total £22 spent.

Worth it for the little chirp and getting rid of that automatic rear wipe when reversing that really annoyed me.

Piece of cake heh!

My dongle arrived today, finally unlock the car with one press of the button!

Having a toddler and an impatient Mrs. makes it the best mod I've ever done to a car.

Also turned off the hazards when emergency breaking but kept everything else standard.

Someone did mention a different setting for the steering on the vagcom thread but couldn't see an option on the app. Also turned DRL's off while I was down there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by GenePoolReject

Olly is right, you can't change the steering via Carista, I don't know why but now I do.

Out of curiosity, why have you turned off the flashing hazards when hard breaking?

I found enabling the horn when ignition off to be a good adaption, why? If in a car park sitting and waiting in the car and Mrs Asda isn't looking and reverses towards you what can you do if the ignition is off? No way to warn her

Olly is right, you can't change the steering via Carista, I don't know why but now I do.

Out of curiosity, why have you turned off the flashing hazards when hard breaking?

I found enabling the horn when ignition off to be a good adaption, why? If in a car park sitting and waiting in the car and Mrs Asda isn't looking and reverses towards you what can you do if the ignition is off? No way to warn her

Didnt know you could turn the horn thing on. It has annoyed me in the past. Fumbling for my keys to beep at someone reversing.

Ill have to plug VCDS in n look for that! Cheers! Aha (:

• Like 1

It's just a personal thing, there's no sound reason behind it and I didn't know the fabia did it until I saw the settings.

• Like 1

I turned the hazards whilst hard braking on.

Never actually come on yet though. Cant remember thr last time i braked hard enough for ABS to kick in whilst not on snow lol.

Ill test it on snow pretty soon actually, by the sounds of it

That's only correct for the official Carista dongle though isn't it, the generic OBD dongles use wifi don't they?

Yes, though I'd expect if someone other than Carista brings out a dongle that uses the same and newer version/standard of Bluetooth that IOS supports then they can be used using Bluetooth.

I chose the Carista dongle purely on the basis of not wanting to need to mess around with a "duff" dongle and ordering another near Christmas, it was only when I went to use it that I discovered that it worked, with IOS device, using Bluetooth, which is marginally handier than using the IOS device's WiFi.

Edited by rum4mo
  • Like 1

I bought the Carista but it wont do any adaptions on my 57 plate Fabia but it did clear an engine fault that I caused whilst messing with the fuse box. Im hoping that Carista might sort it with an app update. I bought the iOS wifi version.

The Fabia is only supported after 2011 unfortunately.

Glad you posted that, was just about to buy a dongle for my 2010 Fabia !

Edited by ratkat

Did you want small KPH?

Have you got maxidot?

It looks like this.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/Drifter1971/Furby%20TSI/DSC00034.jpg

I don't think I selected it, I did change the setting from Australian to Great Briton so not sure if that changed it. Its just below the temp gauge, I don't remember seeing it before.  

It looks like this.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/Drifter1971/Furby%20TSI/DSC00034.jpg

I don't think I selected it, I did change the setting from Australian to Great Briton so not sure if that changed it. Its just below the temp gauge, I don't remember seeing it before.

It's because you changed from Aus to GB. By law here you must have the 'option' to display speed in kph, if it isn't around the speedo then it's in a digital display as in the Fabia. Aus don't have that law so instead of the small kph you get large mph. I'm sure the temp is displayed in its place when choosing Aus.

Not sure why anti hijack won't work, it certainly should. I would maybe try again and see. Auto lock occurs above 16mph iirc

Not sure why anti hijack won't work, it certainly should. I would maybe try again and see. Auto lock occurs above 16mph iirc

Yeah, thought as much, I was doing 80 on the motorway and it still didn't come on! hahahaha

I dont see why that wouldnt work then?

Any ideas Jonro?

All the Facelifts are the same as far as im aware...

Be handy if it did, prob worth risking £7.99 for a dongle. I can always sell if not.

I'd risk it if I was you, it's only the price of a pint, you can download the app for free and hook it all up and it will tell you what you can do, you don't have to upgrade until it tells you what can be done.