Front Door Rivets....

818d64159306506aca861b931688a513.jpg

These three are what hold the door card to the door, the three Philips screws similar thread to 13mm bolts I belive.

a83e7ca575d8422b07604d25ce5fb490.jpg

These three are what hold the window motor to the carrier by the three black lugs sticking out, 3 torx screws with sort of wood screw threads.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
10 hours ago, Mobear said:

Hi does anyone know what length of the M10 bolts are thanks in advance 

14mm.

Part number N 904 911 01

• Thanks 1

A very good idea is to install rivnuts and bolts instead of the rivets. Makes life easier when dealing with broken window holders, door lock, damaged elec wires in the rubber below...i experienced it all

• Thanks 1

Just drill the rivets out if you need to, they're cheap and easy to replace if you need to get in there again. Using bolts is much more expensive, a rivnut tool costs far more than a plain riveter and the rivnuts cost more than rivets, it doesn't make any sense.

27 minutes ago, pavinjo said:

A very good idea is to install rivnuts and bolts instead of the rivets. Makes life easier when dealing with broken window holders, door lock, damaged elec wires in the rubber below...i experienced it all

Just depends if you can get the rivnuts flush, if they aren't it's going to leak.

If you have at hand kind of rivet gun which is able to use this big rivets than it is easy.

If not, you can install rivnuts with 2 spanners, a bolt and few nuts (you can find online how ti do it).

I dont have any leaks, used it on 3 doors.

1 hour ago, pavinjo said:

If you have at hand kind of rivet gun which is able to use this big rivets than it is easy.

If not, you can install rivnuts with 2 spanners, a bolt and few nuts (you can find online how ti do it).

I dont have any leaks, used it on 3 doors.

Can you tell me what size you used please 

3 hours ago, pavinjo said:

Sorry, i checked but no any spare to measure. Should be about 30-40mm, sorry not to be able to tell you precisely

No problem pavinjo. Im just going to get mixed ones and see which fit I will be making a guide so other people can follow as not much on this subject 

• 1 year later...
On 30/04/2020 at 20:42, Mobear said:

No problem pavinjo. Im just going to get mixed ones and see which fit I will be making a guide so other people can follow as not much on this subject 

Did you ever make a guide for how to use rivnuts on the door carrier? Want to get my door apart this weekend but struggling to get suitable rivets in time

20 minutes ago, MajesticMonk said:

Did you ever make a guide for how to use rivnuts on the door carrier? Want to get my door apart this weekend but struggling to get suitable rivets in time

Sorry never had time but this what I bought link at the bottom.  

just go on YouTube to show you how you remove door card.

once off drill old rivets out 

install rivnuts and get the same size bolts for the rivnuts you installed

Done.

I say it take you 30 mins a door to do 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rivet-Nut-Gun-Hand-Blind-Riveter-60-150PC-Mandrel-Repair-Tool-Set-Metric-M3-M12-/203519533377?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

22 hours ago, Mobear said:

Sorry never had time but this what I bought link at the bottom.  

just go on YouTube to show you how you remove door card.

once off drill old rivets out 

install rivnuts and get the same size bolts for the rivnuts you installed

Done.

I say it take you 30 mins a door to do 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rivet-Nut-Gun-Hand-Blind-Riveter-60-150PC-Mandrel-Repair-Tool-Set-Metric-M3-M12-/203519533377?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Great stuff thanks. Now its just to get the door open in the first place in order to figure out whats wrong!

40 minutes ago, MajesticMonk said:

Great stuff thanks. Now its just to get the door open in the first place in order to figure out whats wrong!

I never had that problem do can't help but Check on YouTube plenty of videos showing how to open them as its a common problem