Fabia vRS SE - Buying help

atherm3

Good morning all.

Forgive my noob-ness as this post this is my first (hopefully of many different ones) in this forum. I'm looking to buy a Fabia vRS SE that has been put back on the road after a front end crash and I would like to glean advice from people as to what I should be looking for before I buy. I believe the car has 80,000 on the clock.

I know I should check if the timing belt and water pump were change around 60k, reading a few of these threads the bushes seem to wear as well. I'm also thinking of TerraClean quite early on as I Intend to keep this pocket rocket running well. I've looked at stage 1 remaps through Durham Remaps which seems to offer 166BHP and 266ft-lb needing no parts upgrading. 

General styling advice welcome such as bulb upgrades and things that are readily accessible.

Thanks in advance

Mark

I think after a front end crash it should have a new timing belt and pump etc. right after the crash, not at 60K + new crash bars and lots of other parts  (all depends on how severe the crash was...)

• Like 1

I think after a front end crash it should have a new timing belt and pump etc. right after the crash, not at 60K + new crash bars and lots of other parts  (all depends on how severe the crash was...)

Thanks, 

The chap who's repairing it comes recommended from other people, I believe he was an army mechanic prior to opening his place. I'll be having a chat with him about it tonight.

Nice, thanks guys.

It has Anthracite coloured alloys which I was going to do anyway, I'd like a more smokey look on the headlights if i can, the current ones are brand new by the looks of things. My god was it fun to drive!

74k on the clock so I'm chuffed to bits. Can't remember the SE number tbf but I'm sure i will post more on here!

Nice, thanks guys.

It has Anthracite coloured alloys which I was going to do anyway, I'd like a more smokey look on the headlights if i can, the current ones are brand new by the looks of things. My god was it fun to drive!

74k on the clock so I'm chuffed to bits. Can't remember the SE number tbf but I'm sure i will post more on here!

Mines 97k at the minute, want anthracite wheels myself.

Nice, thanks guys.

I would personally go with "Lamin-X" over "Fly-Eyes", which are your two options for headlight tints. Anything else is tosh.

Here is the lightest tint of Lamix-X I used to have until I removed those headlights and retrofitted some Xenons.....

6e1664c4.jpg