Hutchysrs50 - 8th Fabia... Special edition

hutchysrs50

Good work so far, nice to see a clean SE example.

Quick question regarding the electric window motor you replaced. Were the part numbers the same or are alternatives available.

Also the MFD1, did you source a GPS aerial?

Good work so far, nice to see a clean SE example.

Quick question regarding the electric window motor you replaced. Were the part numbers the same or are alternatives available.

Also the MFD1, did you source a GPS aerial?

The part numbers are slightly different, they changed them about 4 or 5 times over the years, i cant rememebr any of the numbers but know it was from a low mileage 2005 VRS with 2 plugs.

For the MFD1 i bought a plug and play loom kit, it makes it work as it should from the factory basically. Without it its slow and doesnt load your location properly,e ven with the gps aerial. they cost around £20. I also bought a Aux cable designed for the MFD1 for around £10 so i can use my phone/ipod etc.. can also play videos through the input option.

Next up (was actually the first thing I done but didn't have any pictures :D) was the alloys. They were pretty trashed when I got the car, the drivers side had went along a high curb so has ruined 90% of the face on the alloy.

Abit of a strange one but here it is!

Inside is shadow chrome, spokes and face is gunmetal grey and all of it got a coat of factory standard silver to brighten it up as I didn't want dark wheels.

Before

image.jpg

After

image.jpg

During

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

Sadly I didn't get any pictures but the leather has been cleaned and treated today. Don't know what he used but it involved about 6 different stages of cleaning, polishing, drying and waiting for the different products to soak into the leather and dry.

------

I also did a few quick service checks, put the car on the diagnostic machine to reset the service light correctly rather than twisting and pressing a button. Did a full vehicle scan which took about 25 minutes and it's all came back fault free. Happy days!

I checked the antifreeze strength since I changed the coolant last week when I did the water pump and is suitable up to -26° so should be fine this winter :)

Edited by hutchysrs50

Managed to get my hands on some drilled and grooved discs and pads, will be fitting them next week probably but wanted to treat them with anti-rust so they don't rust and look rubbish after about three days!

Picture after one coat, I gave them all two coats for now, will clean the braking surface up with some sand paper before fitting.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Read the whole thread and forgot what I was wanting to ask for about 5 minutes lol!

The K and N panel filter, what's wrong with it? My car has one fitted before I bought it!

Fly eye the headlights too, looks awesome!!

Read the whole thread and forgot what I was wanting to ask for about 5 minutes lol!

The K and N panel filter, what's wrong with it? My car has one fitted before I bought it!

After market filters are crap as they don't filter dirt properly causing damage to your compressor.

Plus diesels run in excess air anyway so pointless having a filter that let's more air in lol.

I've changed my pipercross back to standard filter.

After market filters are crap as they don't filter dirt properly causing damage to your compressor.

Plus diesels run in excess air anyway so pointless having a filter that let's more air in lol.

I've changed my pipercross back to standard filter.

So should I get a standard panel filter back instead of the k and n one?

Pretty much as Steve has said, they simply don't filter air as good as the standard filter does.

I'm still unsure what to do with mine but tempted to fit it but just keep ontop of cleaning it and making sure the airbox is spotless to minimise any dirt getting through.

So my window regulator decided to fail, typical really on NYE eve... But managed to get one from euro car parts. Since it's a nice ice cold day I thought I might as well get stuck in!

Removed the door card.

image.jpg

Once it was removed, cleaned the inside of the door and cleaned the drain holes.

image.jpg

Fitted the new one, rivited in place and sealed it all with plumbers gold while the door card was off.

image.jpg

The failed part that had snapped.

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been quite busy with the car I suppose!

Got a few updates but will upload them when I can.

First up, fitted the milltek exhaust, got it sitting 90% happy but going to let it all settle and move about for a little bit then make the adjustments.

Please excuse the tape around the tip, didn't want it getting knocked or damaged so put some tape round while fitting.

image.jpg

Edited by hutchysrs50
  • Like 2

Boring update I know but still spending money anyway! :p

Got myself a bottle of redex fuel cleaner/treatment so going to empty the tank, put £50 worth of super dooper diesel in and add some of the redex. Once it's ran through and cleaned out etc going to change the fuel filter so hopefully that will keep everything tip top.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Maximum value for money on those old brakes anyway!

For the wind deflectors, I like them on the front windows, but think they look a bit daft on the rear.

• Like 1