2016 F1 General Discussion Thread

camelspyyder

Hopefully for Kevin and Jolyon it will be more competitive than the poor Tyrrell 017.

Although Jolyon's Dad actually managed two 5ths and a 6th in that   :)

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

Shame for the Brit to loose his seat.

I hope Lewis picks his feet up a touch, he seemed to back off the limit once the title was his (no one can blame him though!)

I hope Seb keeps up his recent form, and keeps smiling during the press conferences too. some of his comments and trolling towards the merc boys has been excellent to watch.

Be very interested to see how the end of the field does this year. Hass (or FerHassi really) should do well, MacHonda should be worried. Hopefully ManorMerc will also be suitably fast to keep both honest too.

Granted the front end of the F1 has been a bit one sides with merc taking win after win, but the back end was good to watch and im sure they will be even better this year.

I like the way Red Bull and Vettle are bleating on about Merc winning for 3 straight years would be bad for the sport .... :D :D:D Talk about bad losers. they have lost my respect and should take a look at McLaren to see how it should be done in the face of adversity.

Edited by Lady Elanore
  • Like 1

Mclaren were regular winners 3 seasons ago.  We'll really see what they're made of if their losing streak runs on like Williams did (2004-2012).  I think McLaren would pack it in with a win ratio of only 1 in 12 years like Williams TBH.

Red Bull are crying "unfair" after 2 years of MB dominance and were starting to cry after the first year really. Shows the difference between great racing teams and the ones only in it for the advertising

Edited by Lady Elanore

Red Bull are crying "unfair" after 2 years of MB dominance and were starting to cry after the first year really. Shows the difference between great racing teams and the ones only in it for the advertising

And then you get teams like Minardi, who were well made up whenever they scored a point!

And then you get teams like Minardi, who were well made up whenever they scored a point!

They scored a point!

only kidding

I think it's the difference between Great Racing Teams and teams that are great at racing that separates the big boys, at least for my loyalty and support.

Edited by Lady Elanore

They scored a point!

only kidding

I think it's the difference between Great Racing Teams and teams that are great at racing that separates the big boys, at least for my loyalty and support.

Oh yes; they won my respect and affection for turning up and racing to race rather than only existing to win. Unlike a certain implausibly coloured bovine.

The articles quoting Seb were badly written and the papers only went for a direct quote without the explanation he said after.

Ive lost the link now but its mainly tabloids making headlines really and Im not his greatest fan!

Redbull though, they do need a kicking sometimes.

Oh these tokens are stopping us from getting closer to the mercs. OK token removed for 2017. Oh no without the tokens holding back the big spenders its just going to come down to money boohoo.

seriously lads, sort it!

Ferrari fastest on day 1 from Merc.

Ferrari fastest on day 2 from RBR and Force India (all three having runs on headline grabbing supersofts or ultrasofts) with Rosberg 4th on tyres 3 grades slower than Vettel's.

Top 3 on mileage and reliability

Mercedes           328 laps in 2 days

Wiiliams             214

McHonda            203

Not sure about tyre choices at the back of the grid, but the fact that Manor were quicker than McHonda, Renault and STR looks good to me.

Edited by camelspyyder

Merc look like they have plenty in hand at the moment. I can see it being either Ferrari are very competitive to them or Mercedes will turn up at Melbourne and frighten the rest of the grid with their pace.

Isn't it strange how BOTH Bernie and red bull think the sport has become boring the last couple of Mercedes/Hamilton years but found it really exciting when RB/vettel and Ferrari have dominated for years,personally I find the opposite and wonder if all the changes are for someone's benefit and not for the fans.

• Like 2

Bernie's venture capitalist bosses want to sell F1, having raped profits out of it for their required time, so only now do they need it to be a more exciting product - to sell on.

RB, as previously discussed here, just think they have a divine right to win.

Edited by camelspyyder

Just come back from watching testing in Barcelona for three days. This was my first visit to testing and to Barcelona.

I have to say that it was absolutely fantastic...........loads of action and having great access to viewing the cars and the track. Better in some ways to going to the race in my opinion.

If you've never thought about doing it, then I can heartily recommend it.

( I even managed to have a quick word with Max Verstappen!)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...