How to remove exhaust trims Octavia vrs

I have been thinking the exact same thing today & was wondering how you get them off too ;) cheers for the info, I was thinking to get the tips done in that sort of petrol look, where it's like blue, purple & gold but don't know the name for that kind of paint colour/effect

Think it's called burnt tip but I'm sure there is another name for this type of effect, but now actually thinking about it! Don't think it will suit the VRS tail-pipes, due to the shape & logical thinking, it might be too boy racer lol which is what I don't want

Maybe this will fit...http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-High-quality-Stainless-steel-Car-Automobile-exhaust-pipe-cover-muffler-pipe-for-Skoda-Octavia-A5/32379547439.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.406.iVi2LE&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_8,searchweb201602_4_10017_405_404_301_507,searchweb201603_1&btsid=4802cd28-0b32-465f-8397-28d1f6247428

I have decided to get the exhaust trims powdered coated but is it ok to drive the car with th trims not fitted or will I get burn marks on the bumper?

I only have to travel 20 miles in total with th trims not fitted.

• 1 month later...

Purchased this on Tuesday & received it this morning via Hermes 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTIP-BLACK-VHT-AEROSOL-PROFESSIONAL-SPRAY-PAINT-400ml-800-C-/111398319762?hash=item19efdb7692:g:-UoAAMXQlgtS1--P

So I set about doing the exhaust tips today with a very good friend (Can't thank him enough for his knowledge/help)  B)

Removed the tips from under the rear bumper, (4 star screws each side) no jacking up required, gave the tips a clean with some white spirit & then used a scotch pad to rub the tips down until smooth & looked good enough, another wipe down with white spirit, quick dry & ready to start the spraying  :thumbup:

Apply thin coats every 10 minutes with a total of 4-5 coats on each tip, 1 spray can did both exhaust tips. spray on a coat, leave to dry for 10 minutes (Sun was perfect for this type of job today) & then repeat the same process another 3-4 times.

Here is a few pictures of the finished product, its more of a satin/matt finish rather than a gloss finish but this is actually better I think, as it actually looks like a powder coating finish.

IMG_5904_zps8rzs4erl.jpg

IMG_5903_zpshfci08ok.jpg

IMG_5901_zpslxckg4tb.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

As my car was being repaired after being involved in a RTA, I asked the guys at the body shop if they would also paint my exhaust tips as I feel that the chrome really lets the car down....IMHO.

This is the result.........

What an improvement!!

Edited by john999boy
Faulty links removed
  • Like 1

As my car was being repaired after being involved in a RTA, I asked the guys at the body shop if they would also paint my exhaust tips as I feel that the chrome really lets the car down....IMHO.

This is the result.........

What an improvement!!

Have you deleted those photos as they're no longer available?

Very smart, is that the same colour of the bodywork?

They used Pearl Black as the base and then put a Matt clear coat on top.

Hopefully these photos will be OK now.....

20161209_1422291_zpsnxeoiz82.jpg

20161209_1422381_zps26vld2i6.jpg

20161209_1423261_zpslf38aols.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

I'm really interested in getting this done. To those who have already done so, have you experienced any peeling or flaking or chips?

cheers. 

27 minutes ago, manamp27 said:

I'm really interested in getting this done. To those who have already done so, have you experienced any peeling or flaking or chips?

cheers. 

7-8 months down the line from when I originally sprayed the tips (as per my post above) & there still as good today as the day that they got sprayed.

No chips, flaking or any form of peel whatsoever, I don't think that the tips actually get that hot compared to the exhaust pipe work etc...