Ordering a new Scout DSG, anything I should get/avoid?

Hi, I'm new here. Finally looks like I'm going to order a Scout DSG, take advantage of the current extra £500 offer.

Anything I should know? Thinking of adding the Simply Clever pack because I'd like the reversible boot floor,

is it worth it or shall I just keep the slightly tired boot liner currently in the 3-series I'm trading in?

Any other good extras worth having?

Any other Scout advice gratefully received.

cheers

When I looked at one I believe they are pretty well specced anyway, can't think of any must have upgrades.

Can't comment on the boot floor I'm afraid.

Edited by Mence

Love my Scout, come into it's own with the snow yesterday, even on summer tyres. Mine is basic spec apart from spare wheel. Will never buy another car without one after hitting a pothole in Boxing Day with only the 'gunge' and a compressor to get me home. Nice to have's would have been Xenons (standard lights are not great) and winter pack (I live in Scotland!). DSG is still great but not as great with the diesel engine as in my old MK6 GTi.

I think most people would agree the spare wheel upgrade instead of a repair kit is worth the money. It appears to be much more expensive to change your mind afterwards.

I also have electric folding wing mirrors and the winter pack (heated front seats, front screen and washer nozzles).No regrets getting those at all. Especially now the weather is colder.

The standard headlights could be better, but the xenon upgrade is very costly. A shame the xenons are not a standard feature on the Scout as it is a high spec expensive car in many other respects. I am leasing mine so decided against paying the thick end of a grand for xenons. Sounds like you are keeping yours so maybe worth considering.

Thanks everyone, yes I'd wondered about the Winter Pack and mustn't forget spare wheel.

I'm doing finance but might keep after 3 years, we'll see.

Anyone know much about Smart Link? I'm guessing it's most useful to take advantage of phone's satnav but seeing as it's already on the Scout then not really much benefit

as you can Bluetooth your phone for calls and music anyway.

Picked up my standard (well with the spare wheel) Scout three weeks back and the only things that I would have liked would be SmartLink and Xenon headlights, but as mine is a PCH, to pay basically the entire £1K-ish cost spread across my lease term, they were having a giraffe.

Hoping the Xenons are standard when I replace in 3.5 years as they are on the Yeti.

PS I was going to get the 3 year service plan. Not really researched the costs of services but I am assuming paying £500ish upfront is a better deal than paying as I go.

Check the rates with your local dealer service Dept.

I was booking a car in for a service and they asked about if I had a service plan, I said no, then they said sensible as it currently costs more than paying individually.

If you are considering keeping it, then get 5 year warranty, the extension warranties aren't as good and cost more.

• Like 1

Heated screen is what i think i'd get if i was ordering a keeper - miss it from my ford days

i do not have the scout but as far as Things i regeret not ordering on my car is heated screen. had it on my Toyota and sure do miss it now when the outside temp is below 10 celcius.

well i saved a buck or two :dull:

Edited by bytterga

Nothing specific but definite 'I wouldn't' noises. Which is daft as i wouldn't normally take advice on colour seeing as I've been an Art Director for the last 20 years. But without seeing in the flesh you never quite know. I stopped by a dealer in Milton Keynes today as I happened to be there but no Denim Blue, just a lot of Race Blue and Quartz Grey. I'll probably play safe with the grey.

Extras - just spare wheel and the terribly exciting Simply Clever pack with reversible bootfloor, after the last few years in a low slung BMW with rock hard suspension I'm going for major practicality here. The Winter Pack is definitely a good thing but seeing as I live in the wilds of Hertfordshire where it freezes about 5 days a year it's a luxury I can live without.

Edited by Idenry