Frozen door rubbers!

The weather has turned so cold that the doors are frozen shut and difficult to open on a morning. Has someone got a solution to this repeated problem? I hear WD40 may be the answer? Does this actually work if sprayed on the rubbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Bartatman

A thin coating of washing up liquid works for me, need reapplying every so often but works well.

Doesn't damage the rubber and itn;t too bad to gget out if you get it on your clothes getting in and out of the car.

The Gummi works fro me. Used to have a Volvo V50 which is notorious for sticking doors in the winter. apply a coating of it, let it dry and a few weeks later reapply and it will serve you well.

As all above have said, Einszett Gummi Pflege is great for treating and restoring window and door trims and seals.

Make sure you thoroughly clean the area with a good all purpose cleaner and wipe off any residue, this will allow the Gummi Pflege to better penetrate the rubber to do it's stuff.

• Like 1

Another vote for Gummi Pflege.

I use this one with the foam pad, makes it really easy to apply to the rubbers...

einszett-1z-gummi-pflege-rubber-care-sti

+1 on good old Gummi Pflege.... lots of folk asking about it on the .:R36 forum this week too  :thumbup:

• Like 1