yeti stereo question

phil007

Hello all, wondered if anyone can help me.got a 2015 yeti but fustrated with the lack of cd player (sd card only) is it straight forward swap with a double din stereo from say halfords or is there more to it? Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

The FL-Yeti will be a complex swap of hardware I expect. Certainly worse than the pre-FL.

What about getting a portable CD player (if you can still get Sony Walkman type things) and plugging it in to the 3.5mm socket in the armrest (If the FL still has a socket there and hasn't been moved to the glovebox along with everything else).

I'm with Graham here.

I missed my 6-CD player from when I had my last Passat but in the three cars since I've only had SD card slots (well apart from the TT which has a single CD but that's being used by the nav disk) and I've got loads more albums on one card rather than just the 6 of the CD player.

If copying from a PC record at high quality and they pretty much sound the same.

If you want to persist with CD's (I still buy them) you could look into getting a separate CD player (don't know if Skoda do it as an option?) that links in with your existing unit.

Edit: Looked at brochure and Skoda don't do it as an option but would have thought an aftermarket company would do something and allow you to keep the standard head unit.

Edited by VAGCF

I think having music on an SD card is so much better than the old CD player.
All album artwork, artist and tracks are displayed and I now have over 90 CDs on an 8GB SD card that can easily be selected just by swiping with a finger.

Albums.jpg

• Like 1

Agree with Urrell here Phil. 

SD card is the way to go.

I have the 6 CD auto changer in my dash & now its obsolete.

You can record even from youtube & info comes up on front of player, easy to scroll through as well.

• Like 1

Thanks for replies guys , I have downloaded onto sd card but to me the quality just isnt as good , the sound of cds in my fabia monte just sounded better.

That was my thoughts, particularly with some albums, they sounded better from the CD. 

As I said though, you need to copy to the SD card at the highest quality you can. Downloading may not do this. I started looking for sites that download at CD quality but haven't pursued that. 

Copy from your CD's on a PC and you can choose (i.e. the highest) quality you want.

Thanks for replies guys , I have downloaded onto sd card but to me the quality just isnt as good , the sound of cds in my fabia monte just sounded better.

But is that difference down to CD vs SD, or the differences in head unit, amplifier, speakers and overall acoustics of the two vehicles?

I copy to computer as *.WMA and the highest quality that Windows Media Player will go to.
I was hoping the sound in the Yeti would be as good as the 8 speaker CD set-up in my Fabia Estate and I am not disappointed.

Funny old world isn't it - if I'd had the option I would happily have chosen not to have the 6 CD changer (with a suitable price reduction) and just had a my choice of music on an SD card. I think I've used the CD player once - when I got the car just to check it worked (it did) - and used only the SD card reader and radio ever since.

(I resisted the temptation to ask if there was a way of playing my 8-track cartridges......)

Funny old world

- and used only the SD card reader and radio ever since.

(I resisted the temptation to ask if there was a way of playing my 8-track cartridges......)

Too late -

You're pigeon-holed.