CarPlay problems

CarPlay has been a little buggy since I got my car in December with a few issues around playing the wrong songs and freezing. A few times it's also repeatedly failed to connect my phone. Normally turning off the car, exiting and locking/unlocking and starting again solves this. Yesterday though it broke on mine totally. Repeatedly get a connecting message followed by connected failed, this just repeats over and over so have reverted to Bluetooth connection.

Really can't be bothered to take it to the dealer, does anyone know if there is a software rest function on the stereo which would possibly restart it?

You can try holding the power/volume knob in for about 10 seconds. It causes the unit to reboot (a bit like CTRL+ALT+DEL on a computer). If that doesn't work try a factory reset, I'm not sure where it is in the menus. Obviously you'll lose all your settings if you do the reset.

• Like 1

You can try holding the power/volume knob in for about 10 seconds. It causes the unit to reboot (a bit like CTRL+ALT+DEL on a computer). If that doesn't work try a factory reset, I'm not sure where it is in the menus. Obviously you'll lose all your settings if you do the reset.

Thanks, the soft reset solved it. Will use that again no doubt as my stereo freezes occasionally as well.

Thanks, the soft reset solved it. Will use that again no doubt as my stereo freezes occasionally as well.

I have had similar problems on my Columbus in my Octavia. It pays to keep a record and get a video of it if you can as it can act as evidence to persuade Skoda to update your firmware which can help. Not always though, I'm on my third Columbus in just over 2 years. :(