Write off ?

kennedy

12565387_10208665060687387_8249227523909[

Got hit in the side by a delivery driver yesterday coming out of a side street. Just been took away to assess the damage,really hoping they don't write it off,been good to me this car.  :sick:

I would be saying yes that will be written off. Age of car and cost of parts or even supply of parts might be hard. Was any damage done to the strut behind the door / wing?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

You might get away with a secondhand door and wing, but it all depends on if the A pillar has been damaged behind the wing. Any damage to the A pillar structure will be write off..

Damage to the a pillar does not necessarily mean a write off per se, however a car of this age would be non economical to repair in case of pillar damage, I reckon a new wing and a new door would put this back on the road.

If the insurers do write it off you can always make an offer for salvage in a lot of cases.

• Like 2

Similar (but not a dramatic as mine)

20140117_091004_zps0264ae8c.jpg

Damage to the A pillar will mean a write off as said as it's more than the car is worth to straighten everything up.

As said though by it back and sell it for parts.

I bought mine (04 115k) back for £350

Well it's wrote off. Damage to A pillar CAT C . . Getting £2500 payout so will try to get another if I can find one at that price. 

Hate it when you really look after a car for years,keep it tip top condition for this to happen. 

£300  I think, cant be bothered with it all though.

Your not buying it back?

You've stated above you've looked after it,you must be mad not to buy it back for £300.

Even if you can't be bothered breaking it just list it straight away on E-Bay and make some ££££ towards your new one :)